Barrow Anti-Off fittings, BarrowCH wolverine fittings, any experience?

I'm going to need for my loop I think 18 rigid compression fittings, 2 right angle fittings minimum, maybe some fancy rotaries. The main thing I'm deciding right now is the compression fittings. I think I'm going to use Barrow fittings (Chinese brand), or BarrowCH, since I can get these for like $2 to $3 each and they are apparently decent quality.

There is this classic Barrow fitting that looks pretty good, has 3 O-rings.  

Barrow G1/4" 16mm Rigid Tube Joint Fitting Connector TYKN K16 v4|barrow  16mm|fittings barrowconnector fittings - AliExpress

Also this newer "anti-off" style fitting, I *think* it's a compression fitting but instead of a second (or third?) o-ring uses a special plastic ring. Or maybe it's a push-in, IDK. Model TFYKN-V2

Barrow TFYKN2 T14, OD14mm Hard Tube Fittings, Choice series Enhanced Anti  off Rubber Ring, For OD14mm Hard Tubes|Fans & Cooling| - AliExpress

And BarrowCH, the high-end Barrow line, has these "Wolverine" fittings with "revolutionary super mousing hook" (lol) which as far as I can tell is a push-in fitting that is extremely hard to pull off the pipe, but I have no idea how good it is at preventing leaks. Model FBYKN

BarrowCH Wolverine Series Anti shedding Fitting for Rigid Tubing, 14mm OD,  Black - TITAN RIG

Anyone have experience with these? They cost about the same. I'm leaning towards the Barrow Anti-off fitting but I'd appreciate advice and clarifation on the differences between these.

This Bykski fitting also looks decent, looks almost identical to the Barrow anti-off. I slightly prefer the look of the Barrow fittings because less visible branding but not a big deal

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000773115630.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.ddf239b5OWJGWj&algo_pvid=12203056-f585-464b-bc7b-87a1219cd309&algo_expid=12203056-f585-464b-bc7b-87a1219cd309-1&btsid=0bb0624116045706413212928e5353&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I've used the classic Barrow compression fittings, albeit for soft tubing, in my current build and been very impressed with them. My only gripe is that the paint isn't as good as the likes of Bitspower/Corsair or EK so they're a little more prone to scratching.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

1 hour ago, HM-2 said:

I've used the classic Barrow compression fittings, albeit for soft tubing, in my current build and been very impressed with them. My only gripe is that the paint isn't as good as the likes of Bitspower/Corsair or EK so they're a little more prone to scratching.

If I get silver fittings would they have that issue? Not sure if they're painted/coated I just assumed that was the color of the metal

I was literally just looking at those anti-off fittings tonight from Bykski, im interested in hearing if anyone has experience with them as well

On 11/5/2020 at 11:01 AM, Shai Hulud said:

I'm going to need for my loop I think 18 rigid compression fittings, 2 right angle fittings minimum, maybe some fancy rotaries. The main thing I'm deciding right now is the compression fittings. I think I'm going to use Barrow fittings (Chinese brand), or BarrowCH, since I can get these for like $2 to $3 each and they are apparently decent quality.

There is this classic Barrow fitting that looks pretty good, has 3 O-rings.  

Barrow G1/4" 16mm Rigid Tube Joint Fitting Connector TYKN K16 v4|barrow  16mm|fittings barrowconnector fittings - AliExpress

Also this newer "anti-off" style fitting, I *think* it's a compression fitting but instead of a second (or third?) o-ring uses a special plastic ring. Or maybe it's a push-in, IDK. Model TFYKN-V2

Barrow TFYKN2 T14, OD14mm Hard Tube Fittings, Choice series Enhanced Anti  off Rubber Ring, For OD14mm Hard Tubes|Fans & Cooling| - AliExpress

And BarrowCH, the high-end Barrow line, has these "Wolverine" fittings with "revolutionary super mousing hook" (lol) which as far as I can tell is a push-in fitting that is extremely hard to pull off the pipe, but I have no idea how good it is at preventing leaks. Model FBYKN

BarrowCH Wolverine Series Anti shedding Fitting for Rigid Tubing, 14mm OD,  Black - TITAN RIG

Anyone have experience with these? They cost about the same. I'm leaning towards the Barrow Anti-off fitting but I'd appreciate advice and clarifation on the differences between these.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:01 AM, Ravendarat said:

I was literally just looking at those anti-off fittings tonight from Bykski, im interested in hearing if anyone has experience with them as well

I have been using these anti off fittings from Barrow for over a year now. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000193476114.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.13374c4dYHtiHr)

Had no problems or leaks. And they are quite easy to use.

The plastic ring replaces the need for double o-rings in classic fittings.

I certainly would recommend these.

IMG_20201013_004917.jpg

7 hours ago, xenic said:

I have been using these anti off fittings from Barrow for over a year now. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000193476114.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.13374c4dYHtiHr)

IMG_20201013_004917.jpg

I've just bought these Wolverine fittings and am having a hard time getting a seal. Have you got any tips?

What's the deal with the o ring in each pack? Is that a spare or the reason for my headache?

21 hours ago, xenic said:

IMG_20201013_004917.jpg

Thanks this is helpful, I've decided to go with these fittings in silver. Is that 14mm tubing? I'm still trying to decide on 14 vs 16. Have a 011d XL. AliExpress has a sale today, going to try to order later.

Just wondering any particular reason you have two reservoirs? Also curious what rads you're using.

13 hours ago, vidar said:

I've just bought these Wolverine fittings and am having a hard time getting a seal. Have you got any tips?

What's the deal with the o ring in each pack? Is that a spare or the reason for my headache?

I don't know if this is any help but there's a video here showing there's like a push-release on the wolverine and there are a handful of comments about the fitting that may or may not be useful. I couldn't find much about it either...

4 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

Thanks this is helpful, I've decided to go with these fittings in silver. Is that 14mm tubing? I'm still trying to decide on 14 vs 16. Have a 011d XL. AliExpress has a sale today, going to try to order later.

Just wondering any particular reason you have two reservoirs? Also curious what rads you're using.

I don't know if this is any help but there's a video here showing there's like a push-release on the wolverine and there are a handful of comments about the fitting that may or may not be useful. I couldn't find much about it either...

I'm using 14mm acrylic tubing. There is no performance difference between the two.

There is no particular reason for 2 reservoirs except for maybe aesthetics 😛
Rad: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32811669974.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dhJ6aWA

In this build I'm using a Bykski one. In my other build I'm using a Barrow one.

Just make sure you're buying a copper rad, not aluminium.

32 minutes ago, xenic said:

I'm using 14mm acrylic tubing. There is no performance difference between the two.

There is no particular reason for 2 reservoirs except for maybe aesthetics 😛
Rad: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32811669974.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dhJ6aWA

In this build I'm using a Bykski one. In my other build I'm using a Barrow one.

Just make sure you're buying a copper rad, not aluminium.

I was thinking about a Bykski rad. The all-copper ones look decent but I haven't seen any reviews, comparisons to more well-known radiators. How are your temps? 

Was considering this 60mm on bottom and a 30mm on top. About $70 / 40 shipped respectively. I don't know much about radiator design, they all look like they should perform similarly if constructed with similar materials / fin density etc but idk. 

Might just get 2 or 3 HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS, they cost more than the 60mm Bykski though.

Bykski 360mm Copper Radiator RC Series High-performance Heat Dissipation  60mm Thickness for 12cm Fan Cooler, CR-RD360RC-TK60-V2 at formulamod sale

10 minutes ago, Shai Hulud said:

I was thinking about a Bykski rad. The all-copper ones look decent but I haven't seen any reviews, comparisons to more well-known radiators. How are your temps? 

Was considering this 60mm on bottom and a 30mm on top. About $70 / 40 shipped respectively. I don't know much about radiator design, they all look like they should perform similarly if constructed with similar materials / fin density etc but idk. 

Might just get 2 or 3 HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS, they cost more than the 60mm Bykski though.

Bykski 360mm Copper Radiator RC Series High-performance Heat Dissipation  60mm Thickness for 12cm Fan Cooler, CR-RD360RC-TK60-V2 at formulamod sale

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been a comparison between radiators from Barrow/bykski VS other brands like EK.

My temps are great with idle temps hovering around 35 °C. But to be honest, this tell you much as it depends on factors like ambient temperature, water cooling blocks, fans, hardware, overclocks,... etc.

It's up to you what to buy. From my experience, I am happy with my radiator.