Which is the better MSI laptop price/performance?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-ge66-10sfs-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-1tb-ssd-aluminum-black/6409059.p?skuId=6409059

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gs66-stealth-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-1tb-solid-state-drive-core-black/6409057.p?skuId=6409057

Been doing some research and I think i like the msi laptops GE66/GS66 models the best mainly because they appear to have the highest battery gaming laptop I've seen so far (99.99 WHR). Also they are all highly reviewed on best buy. Is the $2200 Ge66 worth it over the $1800 gs66? It appears the difference is 2070 super vs 2070 max-q, and 32GB vs 16GB ram, and 1080p webcam vs 720p webcam according to MSI website. Does that justify $400? Also, do you think the prices on the links will be lower come black friday? Is 2070 super a lot better than 2070 max q?

no one knows what will happen on Black Friday yet, MSI normally does deals on their gaming laptops in the mid-range so 1800 may go lower. I'd be surprised if the 2200 went much lower since it is competitive already at that price point. 

for the 2070 super vs 2070maxQ, I don't think it's worth $400 unless you are very dedicated to competitive twitchy FPS games needing the extra fps you'll likely get from the upgrade.

https://www.tabletpc.news/2070-super-max-q-vs-2070-max-q-is-super-worth-it/

"Depending on the test. The Super graphics performed 18 to 30 better in these tests" 

it really seems like the GE66 is focused on mobile twitch streamers who will use the higher end webcam/graphics performance for encoding and RAM for mixing replays to post later compared to the GS66 being more of a standard gaming laptop with a huge battery. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

I happen to have a gs66 with the exact same specs as the ge66 you linked. While I think it is an amazing laptop and I love mine, don’t expect good battery life. I have had to do large amounts of tuning to get a few hours (I think I get 3-4 hours but not sure) out of mine for web browsing only. If battery life is really important, consider something like the zephyrus g14 or a non-gaming laptop if the power is not as necessary.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

4 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

I happen to have a gs66 with the exact same specs as the ge66 you linked. While I think it is an amazing laptop and I love mine, don’t expect good battery life. I have had to do large amounts of tuning to get a few hours (I think I get 3-4 hours but not sure) out of mine for web browsing only. If battery life is really important, consider something like the zephyrus g14 or a non-gaming laptop if the power is not as necessary.

Yeah after learning the GE has that stupid flashy gamer look with leds and such, I want the GS. where did u get the GS with those specs, and for how much?

2 hours ago, Dylan lol said:

Yeah after learning the GE has that stupid flashy gamer look with leds and such, I want the GS. where did u get the GS with those specs, and for how much?

I got mine from Excaliber pc on amazon. I don’t think they sell the same version anymore as it was a new product deal with a mouse, headset, mousepad, and extra 500gb ssd. The closest I could find was this one with everything except 1tb of storage (only 512) for the same price of $2250.

But unless you need 32gb of ram and a 300hz display, the one you linked seems to be a significantly better value.

Another thing to note about the laptop is the noise. With proper fan tuning, it can be near silent when doing basic tasks. But when it is under load, it is very very loud.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked