Wondering if this system would be worth upgrading too

Loozher

Budget (including currency):  $700AUD For Now, only looking to upgrade small at a time

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:   Gaming, Maybe some video editing on Premiere Pro

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):     

Current parts

i5 7600k 4.5ghz

ASrock z270 extreme4

Corsair H80i V2

Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000mhz 

Samsung 240GB SSD

2TB HDD

NZXT s340 Elite 

Looking to get

New CPU, Currently on a 4core 4thread CPU, Looking at something like a i7 6700k

I have 2 monitors currently, ones a 60hz Samsung and the other is a 280hz  asus vg279qm but i have it set at 240hz

I want to play games like Fortnite, GTA, And other games like that,    But my biggest concern is Fortnite, I currently can only run 120fps otherwise the game stutters becuase of the cpu being on 100%, i have the game on all low settings and the pc in full performance mode

So, would a i7 6700k be my best option? Or would keep saving up to get a newer MB and CPU be better??

7 minutes ago, Loozher said:

Or would keep saving up to get a newer MB and CPU be better??

This, don't by into a dead platform. Either stick with a new intel mobo/cpu, or switch to amd. That GPU BTW is also isnt going to push a whole lot more FPS than what your getting now regardless of CPU.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

7 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

This, don't by into a dead platform. Either stick with a new intel mobo/cpu, or switch to amd. That GPU BTW is also isnt going to push a whole lot more FPS than what your getting now regardless of CPU.

So would upgrading my motherboard to get something like a i7 9700k be good?? And i get 240fps on fortnite.. But it seems my cpu hold my gpu back

16 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

And also, i cant remember what size my PSU is, theres a sticker on the back that says 350, i dont know if thats actually the right wattage because i could swear my pc would use more than 350w or atleast around it