Does R5 1600 work well with the RX 580? - $300-$400 USD Build (Mix of New/Used Parts)

AtomicXYZ

Budget (including currency): $400 USD (but preferably closer to $350)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Mainstream Esports Games (COD MW/BO/Warzone, Fortnite, CSGO, Overwatch, R6 Siege, Minecraft, etc)

Streaming/Youtube video editing

Mainly rendering 1080p video regularly and streaming 1080p to Youtube/Twitch

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm upgrading from a MacBook air running Windows Bootcamp (2019) that I play PC-only games on at 30fps and I also have a Xbox One S that I play console games on

I want to play at 60fps medium settings 1080p (pretty much a little bit better experience than Xbox One S, but nothing crazy)

I do not need any peripherals as I already have a mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, 2 monitors, 2tb external storage

Parts I plan on getting:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (USED on Ebay for $60-$70) - I already have a Wraith Spire so I don't really need it to come with one

GPU: RX 580 8GB (USED on Ebay for $70-$90)
Motherboard: ASRock B450m PRO4 (Also need suggestions for this)

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB DDR4-3200 (NEW for $52)

PSU: EVGA 500w (NEW for $40-$50)

SSD: Kingston A400 240gb (NEW for $25) (And I don't need a large HDD at the moment)

CASE: Suggestions? (Preferably one with 3 fans...)

So my main question is what should I change about the CPU and GPU selection to fit my needs? (also any case selections) (basically ANY suggestions whatsoever would be GREATLY appreciated)
Edit: Sorry if the above was unclear, I also want to know if the 1600 and RX 580 would create a large bottleneck? (Any suggestions do upgrade or downgrade GPU/CPU would be nice)

Note: I have built 1 PC before on a large budget of $1700 (which is now my brother's) with a Ryzen 5 2600x and RTX 2060, so I am a little familiar with pc parts :)

Edited by AtomicXYZ
Make question more clear and fix title

Doable, although I have a lot of reservations about cheap PSU & SSD and its longevity. Also gave you an ATX case in case you wanna upgrade in the future to a more full-featured & larger motherboard.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($60.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: PNY CS900 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($90.00) 
Case: Cougar MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($41.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ ModMyMods) 
Total: $398.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-02 22:12 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Just now, BigRom said:

Doable, although I have a lot of reservations about cheap PSU & SSD and its longevity. Also gave you an ATX case in case you wanna upgrade in the future to a more full-featured & larger motherboard.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($60.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: PNY CS900 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($90.00) 
Case: Cougar MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($41.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ ModMyMods) 
Total: $398.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-02 22:12 EST-0500

Thanks so much that is really helpful to me! I was kind of skeptical about the cheap SSD

1 minute ago, AtomicXYZ said:

Thanks so much that is really helpful to me! I was kind of skeptical about the cheap SSD

A cheap SSD won't take out your entire system (you lose your data at most), its not great but workable. Besides you said you have an external storage, just be a bit more diligent with backing up important data I guess

But a cheap PSU scares me more, even if this specific unit from EVGA is somewhat decent. Normally I would get a good unit and carry forward with me as I upgrade, as changing out a PSU is a pain in the ass.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

8 minutes ago, BigRom said:

A cheap SSD won't take out your entire system (you lose your data at most), its not great but workable. Besides you said you have an external storage, just be a bit more diligent with backing up important data I guess

But a cheap PSU scares me more, even if this specific unit from EVGA is somewhat decent. Normally I would get a good unit and carry forward with me as I upgrade, as changing out a PSU is a pain in the ass.

What would you recommend as a good PSU for this build? (I can go a little over budget)

Edit: I was planning on getting the new parts on Black Friday so I think most PSUs are way cheaper then

7 minutes ago, AtomicXYZ said:

What would you recommend as a good PSU for this build? (I can go a little over budget)

Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W can be had just about $80? Though availability isn't always a strong point for Be Quiet! in certain places

If you're willing, try and look for any Corsair RMx deals as you might get some for below $100 or so. 10-year warranty on those, suffice to say Corsair are fairly confident on them.

Alternatives include Gigabyte Aorus P-GM, Cooler Master MWE Gold. These are all fully modular units btw.

49 minutes ago, BigRom said:

Also any suggestions for a safe SSD? (I just need it to boot up windows and maybe like GTA V for fast loading screens)

Edit: is the Samsung 860 Evo (500gb) any good?

26 minutes ago, AtomicXYZ said:

Also any suggestions for a safe SSD? (I just need it to boot up windows and maybe like GTA V for fast loading screens)

Edit: is the Samsung 860 Evo (500gb) any good?

The Samsung is kinda overpriced, and there are a lot of good value M.2 (SATA & NVMe) SSD on the market now that outperforms it for less money.

I would go for the Silicon Power A80 500GB NVMe drive, the Asrock B450M motherboard has 2 M.2 slots so you might as well take advantage of it (less cables too, no need for SATA power/data)

As long as you're not doing heavy read/write, the Kingston A400 is passable for everyday use. If your budget really can't stretch for it, you can get better SSD further down the road. I'm just telling you that you have options in terms upgrade path.