Problems with PC

So, my CPU fan has been stuttering, so I removed it, used some compressed air to get dust out and put it back in, and then... it didn’t help, so I got my friend on, and he told me to go into BIOS and up the frequency, then my phone died so I upped it by 50, and after that, it did the opposite of help, it I think put my pc in a deadlock, now it won’t send a signal to my monitors making it where I can’t fix the frequency, and I need to know if there is some way of fixing it.

1 minute ago, Sakuriru said:
  1. Never take advice about computers from your friend again; they're giving you awful advice.
  2. You're going to need to reset the bios to factory settings. Look into your motherboard manual for something like "CMOS reset" or something like that. Modern motherboards have a button for it, but cheaper or older models will actually use a jumper. Follow the instructions to reset your motherboard to manufacturer settings, this will return your cpu clockspeed to normal.
  3. Don't adjust your clock speed anymore until you know what you're doing.
  4. Buy a new cpu cooler. Noctua makes some pretty good ones.

I don’t have a manual for my motherboard and it’s a pretty old motherboard

6 minutes ago, Quakey said:

So, my CPU fan has been stuttering, so I removed it, used some compressed air to get dust out and put it back in, and then... it didn’t help, so I got my friend on, and he told me to go into BIOS and up the frequency, then my phone died so I upped it by 50, and after that, it did the opposite of help, it I think put my pc in a deadlock, now it won’t send a signal to my monitors making it where I can’t fix the frequency, and I need to know if there is some way of fixing it.

Fans are cheap.... well non rgb sleeve bearing fans are cheap anyway.  Rgb fans are ridiculously expensive.  Maybe invest $6 in a cheap fan to test with.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Quakey said:

I don’t have a manual for my motherboard and it’s a pretty old motherboard

The internet may.  It’s great for stuff like that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is there a way to know what motherboard I got?

1 minute ago, Quakey said:

Is there a way to know what motherboard I got?

Should be written on it somewhere.  If it’s a prebuilt the make/model of the prebuilt should be enough.

Is this my model?

FCE97DAD-53BA-4F63-9703-0FDC6E97F666.jpeg

Yep.  Not a prebuilt.  Type that into a search and you should come up with something.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Yep.  Not a prebuilt.  Type that into a search and you should come up with something.

This is a prebuilt, it’s from cyber power, got it like last year.

Myself I generally clear cmos the really old fashioned way: I unplug the thing from the wall and pull the cmos battery for 5 minutes or so. 

4 minutes ago, Quakey said:

This is a prebuilt, it’s from cyber power, got it like last year.

But it’s built from consumer parts.  By prebuilt I mean HP or Dell or something.  They commission motherboards for their systems and the model is often not marked in a useful way.  You have a manufacturer and model.  How is cyber power selling 87 series boards newer than 2015?

update 78 not 87.  Transposed numbers derp.

How do I clear the cmos, google said to get a flat head screw driver and short the 2 pins or something?

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

But it’s built from consumer parts.  By prebuilt I mean HP or Dell or something.  They commission motherboards for their systems and the model is often not marked in a useful way.  You have a manufacturer and model.  How is cyber power selling 87 series boards newer than 2015?

update 78 not 87.  Transposed numbers derp.

So it says clear cmos with a flat head screw driver to short 2 pins, which has got me stumped 

2 minutes ago, Quakey said:

So it says clear cmos with a flat head screw driver to short 2 pins, which has got me stumped 

0A3C2FC0-92C7-4117-9DAB-600ACB0F9EED.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Quakey said:

That’s one way and has the advantage of being instant.  A screwdriver in this case is acting as a convenient piece of flat conductive metal of the right size.  That it can drive screws is coincidental.  The idea is to momentarily short the cmos pins.  Find the two cmos pins and bridge them (what the screwdriver is for)

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s one way and has the advantage of being instant.  A screwdriver in this case is acting as a convenient piece of flat conductive metal of the right size.  That it can drive screws is coincidental.  The idea is to momentarily short the cmos pins.  Find the two cmos pins and bridge them (what the screwdriver is for)

Can you help me find them, I don’t know much about PCs.

5 minutes ago, Quakey said:

0A3C2FC0-92C7-4117-9DAB-600ACB0F9EED.jpeg

If I had to guess I’d say the cmos pins are probably the set with the black insulator on the bottom.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

If I had to guess I’d say the cmos pins are probably the set with the black insulator on the bottom.

The ones right under the clr and above the line of white pins?

Also should I turn the pc off or keep it on?

Can you help me find them, I don’t know much about PCs.

If you can’t find them there should be a flat button battery on the motherboard somewhere.  If you pull it and wait for the cmos to lose power and die you can clear the cmos that way.  The cmos battery is held in in many different ways and may require some sort of unclipping.

Also should I turn the pc off or keep it on?

Off off off!  Like actually unplug it and wait a bit for residual capacitor energy to drain.

3 minutes ago, Quakey said:

The ones right under the clr and above the line of white pins?

Yah.  I’m just guessing though. 

Off off off!  Like actually unplug it and wait a bit for residual capacitor energy to drain.

Do you have discord or something to go in a call and help me

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If you can’t find them there should be a flat button battery on the motherboard somewhere.  If you pull it and wait for the cmos to lose power and die you can clear the cmos that way.  The cmos battery is held in in many different ways and may require some sort of unclipping.

Is this the button thingy

C44AEE5F-2E57-4F83-B0C7-DD0FFD40551B.jpeg