Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain

pskitz

I have been using GSam Battery to try to find out what is causing my battery drain but it hasn't been very helpful. Before I tried to post this (and was thwarted by my phone not letting me change text properly) my battery was at 61% after being unplugged for 4.5 hours. I can post a screenshot of the full stats later if I need to when I am on my computer but for now I will include those which I think are relevant. The screen had only been on for 24 seconds. It was held awake for 2 hours but I don't know why. 43% of of the total battery used was by the OS which seems crazy to me. Also it seems to be heating up without reason.

tl;dr My OS seems to be taking up excessively high amounts of my phone battery. And in the 40 minutes it took me to post this my battery has gone down to 41%. I can post stats on this usage later as well if it is relevant. I need help!

Have you dropped your phone lately? maybe into water or liquid? It sound like the battery/motherboard of your s3 is damaged/fried. Consider using your manufacturers warranty if bought new, or just get it repaired.

My Build:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz GPU: vtx3d AMD radeon 6970 RAM: Crap $2 4gb memory lol 

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 gen 3 PSU: Thermaltake TR-2 800 watt Case: Corsair 600t Black I'm here to help  :D

Download BetterBatteryStats (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15869886&postcount=2) to pinpoint what's causing wakelocks.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro