Built a PC for my son need help blocking him!

Scypheroth

Hey guys, i build a decent pc for my 12 year old so he can play his games online n stay off my PC. So i gave him free range on it and came back to find nothign but malware and garbage installed on it slowing it down and making it usless...i have formatted and reinstalled windows but is there a way i can block him from installing anything or even block him from downloading.

10 minutes ago, Scypheroth said:

Hey guys, i build a decent pc for my 12 year old so he can play his games online n stay off my PC. So i gave him free range on it and came back to find nothign but malware and garbage installed on it slowing it down and making it usless...i have formatted and reinstalled windows but is there a way i can block him from installing anything or even block him from downloading.

This would involve creating a Windows account for him but wouldn't allow him to install anything without the administrators (your) password. You can also set time limits, website restrictions, etc for him, as well as keep track of where he goes online.

1. Open Control Panel. ...
  2. Select User Accounts And Family Safety, then choose Set Up Parental Controls For Any User.
  3. Select the child's account.
  4. Under Parental Controls, choose Enforce Current Settings.
  5. Under Activity Reporting, choose Collect Information About PC Usage.

Here's a pretty good article I found:

https://www.lifewire.com/microsoft-family-safety-parental-controls-4153037

I wonder which dirty sites he visited. Might need to look after and block some

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I wonder which dirty sites he visited. Might need to look after and block some

lol not any dirty sites, just stupid ones like sketchy pokemon sites that want u to download sumthign before looking at it....he had like 4 different browsers and 3 different antivirus programs installed on his pc and random games like slots and tables gambling games....

10 minutes ago, Scypheroth said:

lol not any dirty sites, just stupid ones like sketchy pokemon sites that want u to download sumthign before looking at it....he had like 4 different browsers and 3 different antivirus programs installed on his pc and random games like slots and tables gambling games....

Along with the non admin user I would recommend you install Privacy Badger and uBlock Origins as browser plugins that should take care of the major popups and ads he might run into.