Only my desktop appears to be suffering from really slow internet speed, and only recently. I have no idea what the issue might be.

I unfortunately don't have access to ethernet, otherwise I would definitely be using it. On the Google internet speed test (very scientific I know) my desktop has a download speed of 2.54 Mbps and upload of 1.3 Mbps, while my laptop has 28.8 Mbps and 3.81 Mbps, and my phone (without using data) 21.5 and 3.52 respectively. The issues has only recently begun. 
I'm using a TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 network card, but I have no idea how to trouble shoot that. There is currently work going on with my kitchen being ripped out, I doubt this has anything to do with it but hey somebody may tell me the contrary.
Any suggestions?

24 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

I unfortunately don't have access to ethernet, otherwise I would definitely be using it. On the Google internet speed test (very scientific I know) my desktop has a download speed of 2.54 Mbps and upload of 1.3 Mbps, while my laptop has 28.8 Mbps and 3.81 Mbps, and my phone (without using data) 21.5 and 3.52 respectively. The issues has only recently begun. 
I'm using a TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 network card, but I have no idea how to trouble shoot that. There is currently work going on with my kitchen being ripped out, I doubt this has anything to do with it but hey somebody may tell me the contrary.
Any suggestions?

first of all, use ookla, not google.

What frequency are you on?

Wifi speeds will heavily depend on your connection strength / quality.

Your laptop already has an advantage due to the antenna being in the screen frame and thus having a clearer signal then the antennas on your TP card that are stuck behind a big metal case.

Try to place your PC in such a way that the antennas have a "clear" view to the accespoint/router with wifi. Anything in between will dampen the signal.

49 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

first of all, use ookla, not google.

What frequency are you on?

I have used Ookla before and those results are equally damning. How do I check that?

49 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Wifi speeds will heavily depend on your connection strength / quality.

Your laptop already has an advantage due to the antenna being in the screen frame and thus having a clearer signal then the antennas on your TP card that are stuck behind a big metal case.

Try to place your PC in such a way that the antennas have a "clear" view to the accespoint/router with wifi. Anything in between will dampen the signal.

Ah so the freezer that's been put in my room could be effecting it?

5 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

Ah so the freezer that's been put in my room could be effecting it?

If it is between your computer and router, then yes. Just draw an imaginary line between the antenna and the router and if it hits the freezer.. Bingo 😅

Just now, Dujith said:

If it is between your computer and router, then yes. Just draw an imaginary line between the antenna and the router and if it hits the freezer.. Bingo 😅

Hm, I mean yeah it is in the way, but then why does that not effect my laptop and phone which also have the freezer in the way?

Many other reasons. Like i said the antenna is at a better position than your PC (dont know the layout so this is an assumption) 

What does the link speed say when you look in the network center -> connection? (click it to see the connection speed.)

image.png.bd38b8b0893e1ac75e3a679030f902c4.png

4 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Many other reasons. Like i said the antenna is at a better position than your PC (dont know the layout so this is an assumption) 

What does the link speed say when you look in the network center -> connection? (click it to see the connection speed.)

image.png.bd38b8b0893e1ac75e3a679030f902c4.png

Speed fluctuates between 80Mbps and 130Mbps