Are MY specs good FOR a VR games

Simone_ltt
Go to solution Solved by trufret,
7 hours ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Hey i have a INTEL I99750H @2.6ghz and boost @4.3ghz and nvidia GTX1650 4gb DDr5 with 8gb DDr4 2666mhz RAM and 1tb INTEL SSD 

Will my pc give me smooth and good VR game play  ( at low or medium settings ) ?
( I USE A LAPTOP : ASUS ROG STRIX G731GT )

Also what VR head set will be good for PC VR games under $140 (usd)

Unless your laptop has a Displayport connected to your GPU you are going to be limited to 1st gen Vive, Oculus, and Windows mixed reality devices as they use HDMI connections which is mostly likely what is connected to your GPU on a laptop.

Oculus Quests with link cable could be an option assuming you have an existing facebook account in good standing but they are at least twice your stated budget.

For $140 US you are also going to be limited to used first gen headsets from ebay or other resale sites. The Samsung Odyssey would have the best image but a Rift CV1 or original HTC Vive kit would provide better tracking but even those will be hard to find under $200

Hey i have a INTEL I99750H @2.6ghz and boost @4.3ghz and nvidia GTX1650 4gb DDr5 with 8gb DDr4 2666mhz RAM and 1tb INTEL SSD 

Will my pc give me smooth and good VR game play  ( at low or medium settings ) ?

Yeah, but something like half life alyx will be just a tad rocky. Still playable though

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

They are good enough but some more demanding titles would feel choppy.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Unless your laptop has a Displayport connected to your GPU you are going to be limited to 1st gen Vive, Oculus, and Windows mixed reality devices as they use HDMI connections which is mostly likely what is connected to your GPU on a laptop.

Oculus Quests with link cable could be an option assuming you have an existing facebook account in good standing but they are at least twice your stated budget.

For $140 US you are also going to be limited to used first gen headsets from ebay or other resale sites. The Samsung Odyssey would have the best image but a Rift CV1 or original HTC Vive kit would provide better tracking but even those will be hard to find under $200

3 minutes ago, trufret said:

So what HEAD SET will be good

I'm not sure what your buying options are like in India, especially on the used market, so I'll say this:

The 1st Gen Windows mixed reality headsets are going to give you the best visuals but are going to have the worst controller tracking as they only have the 2 front facing cameras. If you hold the controllers too close to your face or behind your back they will loose tracking. They are good for Racing or Flying games though as you usually use a separate wheel or joystick for that.  They will work ok for some games but if your are trying to hold a rifle in an FPS you will notice the tracking issues alot

Rift CV1 will have good tracking and is the most comfortable but you'll need 3 cameras and 4 x USB 3 USB ports on your laptop to run it. You might be able to get away with a USB 3.0 hub but results can be sketchy.  It also has the worst God Rays when looking at high contrast images (the oculus logo on a black background is very noticeable for this)  It's also become very hard to find replacement parts if anything should break, the cable being the big one). You also need a facebook account.

The HTC vive has the best tracking but the worst visuals. although the god rays aren't as bad, the image isn't as crisp as the other headsets. unless you're playing games where you have to read small text this might not matter much.  You will need to mount the laser emitting base stations to your walls or setup some poles/tripods to mount the base stations to.  The 2 base stations will need to be plugged into the house AC power but they don't need USB ports so you only need 1 USB 3.0 port and 1 HDMI port for the Vive to work.

The benefit of the Vive kit is that you can upgrade parts over time so you could get a new headset like the Index HMD or a Vive Pro and use the existing base stations and controllers or get the  Index controllers and use them with your current Vive HMD and base stations.

The downside is it's the most expensive and I doubt you'll be able to find a kit with the HMD, controllers, base stations, and all cabling for your budgeted amount.

All of the early headsets had pretty clear ups and downs so it will depend on what you prioritize as features and what games you want to play as to what would be the best for you.

I Think the Windows headsets are the mostly likely to be found in your price range and have the least annoying setup if you can deal with the limited controller tracking area.

1 hour ago, trufret said:

I'm not sure what your buying options are like in India, especially on the used market, so I'll say this:

The 1st Gen Windows mixed reality headsets are going to give you the best visuals but are going to have the worst controller tracking as they only have the 2 front facing cameras. If you hold the controllers too close to your face or behind your back they will loose tracking. They are good for Racing or Flying games though as you usually use a separate wheel or joystick for that.  They will work ok for some games but if your are trying to hold a rifle in an FPS you will notice the tracking issues alot

Rift CV1 will have good tracking and is the most comfortable but you'll need 3 cameras and 4 x USB 3 USB ports on your laptop to run it. You might be able to get away with a USB 3.0 hub but results can be sketchy.  It also has the worst God Rays when looking at high contrast images (the oculus logo on a black background is very noticeable for this)  It's also become very hard to find replacement parts if anything should break, the cable being the big one). You also need a facebook account.

The HTC vive has the best tracking but the worst visuals. although the god rays aren't as bad, the image isn't as crisp as the other headsets. unless you're playing games where you have to read small text this might not matter much.  You will need to mount the laser emitting base stations to your walls or setup some poles/tripods to mount the base stations to.  The 2 base stations will need to be plugged into the house AC power but they don't need USB ports so you only need 1 USB 3.0 port and 1 HDMI port for the Vive to work.

The benefit of the Vive kit is that you can upgrade parts over time so you could get a new headset like the Index HMD or a Vive Pro and use the existing base stations and controllers or get the  Index controllers and use them with your current Vive HMD and base stations.

The downside is it's the most expensive and I doubt you'll be able to find a kit with the HMD, controllers, base stations, and all cabling for your budgeted amount.

All of the early headsets had pretty clear ups and downs so it will depend on what you prioritize as features and what games you want to play as to what would be the best for you.

I Think the Windows headsets are the mostly likely to be found in your price range and have the least annoying setup if you can deal with the limited controller tracking area.

Ok thanks for your help !!