Colours are washed out when setting games below my monitors refresh rate

I am playing Watch Dogs Legion at the moment and attempting to play the game at a consistent smooth 60fps. My monitor however is 75 fps and my computer isn't able to get a stable framerate that high so i cap the game at 60. This helps but the game is still jittery so I cap the actual games output at 60fps. This greatly improves the smoothness but I notice that my colours become greatly washed out. Is there anyway to keep my colours as they were at 75 fps if I cap the games output below my monitors refresh rate? 

your monitor is likely forced to run at 60hz when the game is full screen

as for a fix, maybe try running it in borderless window instead of full screen?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Nvidia or AMD?

If Nvidia and using HDMI, try check Nvidia Control Panel if you're using Full Dynamic Range and not Limited. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

28 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Nvidia or AMD?

If Nvidia and using HDMI, try check Nvidia Control Panel if you're using Full Dynamic Range and not Limited. 

Ive done that method but my game still looks washed out once i swap it to 60 hertz

31 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

your monitor is likely forced to run at 60hz when the game is full screen

as for a fix, maybe try running it in borderless window instead of full screen?

when i go borderless it disables the option for me to change my screen type

2 minutes ago, Nick_and_Will said:

when i go borderless it disables the option for me to change my screen type

i think that's because it's using the system's setting instead of its own

is the color issue fixed though?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

That's normal, because the Windows settings apply then.

Did you try setting it to 60Hz in Windows instead of 75? Do you also have washed out colors then?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That's normal, because the Windows settings apply then.

Did you try setting it to 60Hz in Windows instead of 75? Do you also have washed out colors then?

yeah its still washed out when i change my computers display settings, so it isnt really a game issue, more of a monitor one. Its probably normal, but i just wanted to know if i could keep the same brightness of colours

Check your monitor's OSD settings, maybe it uses different profiles per resolution and you can set it to use the same.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

my profile doesnt change once i change my display resolution to 60 in display settings