One G.Skill Trident Z RGB stick not syncing correctly

zachary_stewart

I recently built my first PC after years of watching LTT videos and I am in love with it! However, every now and then, one of my Trident Z sticks just refuses to sync in the G.Skill Lighting Control software. Occasionally, a restart would help, but the problem seemed fixed for good when I popped the stick out and back in. Now, a different stick is out of sync! I have no problem reseating a ram stick every now and then, but if anyone has a more permanent solution, I would greatly appreciate it!

Specs are as follows:

• Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • ASRock X570 Taichi (BIOS version 2.70)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (Using the stock cooler for now, so no overclocking!)
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2 NVME
  • Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive
  • NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold PSU

Picture attached for flexing purposes😎 Feel free to ask any other questions! Thanks!

PC Build.jpg

Were they all working correctly at once for at least a time? Or did the reseat merely cause a different one to behave oddly? 

If they at one time all worked, reseating connections fixing things is not uncommonly is for fixing a substandard contact.  If that is what is going on, Maybe a bit of canned air and some eraser action on the memory pins just to make sure the contact is good?

This could be a power issue or something internal on that brand of ram or something in the rgb software though.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.