vhost not working properly for me for a while

Aseliot

No idea what happened to my PC but I am having so many problems with vhost lately....

This is local btw with xampp (because I was lazy)

- Cannot set up multiple vhosts (worked fine before), always defaults to the first one (or the first one I setup or something, really no idea it's just acting weird)

- When switching vhosts it mostly stops working completely?

As far as I know this is not normal behaviour and I won't have to do anything special to make this work, it should just work and it doesn't work properly at all.

Multiple people have already looked at my config, none of them can figure out what the problem is. Will reinstalling my pc even fix this issue, too big of a gamble for me.

hosts:
127.0.0.1 backend.local

vhost:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "D:\xampp\htdocs\backend\public"
    ServerName backend.local
 	<Directory "D:\xampp\htdocs\backend\public">
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
        AllowOverride All
        Require all granted
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

This is the setup i've always been using, never had any issues with it. (Laravel) Pretty basic, so I doubt it's the issue here.

Even worse people at work/home are using this exact same setup themselves and it works fine for them so wtf is wrong with my PC.

Eh alright I just got this random idea of trying dev.backed.local instead of just backend.local and now I can have dev.backend2.local running alongside it.

It's strange to me because It certainly used to work with multiple vhosts without anything in front of it...

Would still like to know what causes it though, could this really be the problem?...