Extra GPU for extra display?

ight so uh i have an EVGA RTX 2060 KO. it has 1 displayport, 1 hdmi and 1 dvi. I have a triple monitor setup and im lookin to get a small display to show stuff like temps and stuff like that. since ive ran out of ports on my main GPU i was wondering if pluggin in one of my old shitty GPUs (think stuff from a GT210 to a Quadro FX580 or Radeon HD 5450) would maybe be an option to get sum more ports? i know that if i were to run a display of that GPU that i wouldnt be able to game on it or anything but i was just wondering if this is even possible and if its something worth trying, or if there are other solutions to my question then id be glad to hear em.
thanks for readin, have a good one!

yes, any low power GPU you have lying around will serve as a good port addition. You wouldn't need to worry about getting specific drivers because it doesn't need to perform well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You idea should work. Heck years ago I ran one monitor off motherboard graphics and a pair of displays off a crummy GPU in an old Dell machine way back when. Worked fine. Windows & GPU drivers generally don't care if they act as extensions to a primary display using multiple GPU adapters.

One issue you may run into though is last I checked the latest AMD GPU driver no longer supports the old HD 5XXX series. You'd have to either run off whatever included driver Windows has for it or find the old latest driver that still supports it.

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

yes, any low power GPU you have lying around will serve as a good port addition. You wouldn't need to worry about getting specific drivers because it doesn't need to perform well.

Well, its true, any of them will work (for ports) but you must install the drivers. because some ports will not work if you don't :D

2 minutes ago, Ubuntu is love said:

Well, its true, any of them will work (for ports) but you must install the drivers. because some ports will not work if you don't :D

What I mean is that the default drivers that windows installs will probably work perfectly fine

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad