Poor Linksys 2,4ghz perfomance

lu4414

Hi

I recently bought a second hand Linksys AC1200 (EA6200-2014 model) to use together with my ISP router.

I connect the Linksys using an Static IP, DHCP disabled trough LAN and my 5ghz network and wired works perfectly, reaching my ISP 350mbps download. But on the 2,4ghz I am getting 1-5mbps down with 20-25mbps upload (makes no sense to me), like 1-2m (3-6ft) from the router.

I already tried the usual:

Firmware upgrade

Channel change

and a few more things, but same results. There are no interference sources near the router and very few other wirelles networks close to it, on my ISP router i get 30-40mbps on the 2,4ghz 4m away from the router with easy. Tested on my laptop and two android phones, same results.

Any sugestions? Or this may be a hardware issue?

Best regards

2 hours ago, lu4414 said:

and very few other wirelles networks close to it

How did you come to this conclusion? Did you perform a wireless survey of the 2.4GHz frequency at your location?

2 hours ago, lu4414 said:

my ISP router i get 30-40mbps on the 2,4ghz 4m away from the router with easy.

Are you running the ISP gateway wireless access point at the same time as your Linksys access point? I.e. Two 2.4GHz broadcast networks?

3 hours ago, lu4414 said:

I connect the Linksys using an Static IP, DHCP disabled trough LAN and my 5ghz network and wired works perfectly

Did you set the Linksys router to bridge mode while doing this?