Images copyrights

Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
3 minutes ago, nutshells said:

Hi guys,
Im wondering how can I legally use an image from an official website in my YouTube vid. Says the video is about motherboards and I want to take a TUF mobo photo from Asus website as an example, who should I ask for permission or what sort of permission do I need to use it "commercially" ?
Thanks

You need to find out who the copyright holder is. Either the photographer or as likely in this case, Asus. Then you work out a licensing contract with them. 

Hi guys,
Im wondering how can I legally use an image from an official website in my YouTube vid. Says the video is about motherboards and I want to take a TUF mobo photo from Asus website as an example, who should I ask for permission or what sort of permission do I need to use it "commercially" ?
Thanks

3 minutes ago, nutshells said:

Hi guys,
Thanks

You need to find out who the copyright holder is. Either the photographer or as likely in this case, Asus. Then you work out a licensing contract with them. 

Usually its fine that you credit the company images are from. With product pics Asus as company owns the rights to images, not the photographer who was contracted to take them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Usually its fine that you credit the company images are from. With product pics Asus as company owns the rights to images, not the photographer who was contracted to take them.

So either I mention them in the video or I write acknowledgement in the description section, right ?

Just now, nutshells said:

So either I mention them in the video or I write acknowledgement in the description section, right ?

Yeah. With product pics, you are partially advertising anyway. There are also tons of places which have DRM free images to be used. Usually just requiring acknowledgement.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, nutshells said:

That doesn't necessarily cover you legally. But be honest. The chance of them getting bent out of shape over someone using an image in a YouTube clip is a fraction of a percent. 

22 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yeah. With product pics, you are partially advertising anyway. There are also tons of places which have DRM free images to be used. Usually just requiring acknowledgement.

Care to share with me some tech related sites ?

7 minutes ago, nutshells said:

Care to share with me some tech related sites ?

Its almost a year since I searched for royalty free stuff last time. DevianArt has some members posting that kind of stuff, but with the rest you just need to search yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Its almost a year since I searched for royalty free stuff last time. DevianArt has some members posting that kind of stuff, but with the rest you just need to search yourself.

Cool, thanks