Today my "type" stopped displaying properly, and I don't know why.

Melano
Go to solution Solved by Melano,

Thread closed. Windows 10 once again fucked itself with an update. CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED. YAAAAAAAY.

TO BE CLEAR, I DO NOT KNOW THE PROBLEM. I AM ONLY GUESSING WITH LIMITED KNOWLEDGE.

I've updated my drivers as of.. today or yesterday, and this issue appeared. RuneScape of all places told my my Nvidia drivers, GTX 1080, were over 90 days out of date. Low and behold the update to recent screws everything up. I'm not sure how to describe it because I can't get it to show in screenshots. I might be crazy and just never noticed this sudden degradation until now, but its only on the left side of my monitor. I am very confused. I'm not sure if its my monitor, my graphics card, my drivers, or my OS being weird. So far, I'm assuming its not Windows 10 as I continue to edit this. I don't know.

Monitor in question is the HP OMEN 144hz. 1080P Full HD.
https://www.amazon.com/HP-FreeSync-Technology-Z7Y57AA-ABA/dp/B074155RHK#customerReviews

I have in fact, turned my PC off and on, multiple times.
I have used:
Display Driver Uninstaller
NVCleanstall_1.7.0
Then tried again and used the normal installer.

I have recalibrated ClearType multiple times.

I cannot reproduce it on my second and third monitors, thus my belief my monitor may be dying after two years.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit IS ACTIVATED.

image.png.b92ad7571caabbd2c9c4a1a12d594f1e.png

HOWEVER, it may be my monitor. When I drag a window to the left, it fuzzies the text, but on the right side, it does not. I'm not sure what's going on.

HOWEVER, Windows 10 recently updated, so who knows.

I'm watching this topic heavily. It won't leave my eyes alone. ;-;

image.png.4bf17ab49ecdac9ed4d37d9fcd1cf5fb.png

image.png.425a4a90841044933849883a802c9bcb.png

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

Shit. Is there anything I can do? It doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

def your monitor, because those 2 screenshots look exactly the same on mine

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

Could it be my multi-monitor setup? I don't think my monitor is fried or anything. I still think its the driver since now icons are messing up.

I mean. I'm glad you fixed it...... 

How did did you fix it.......? 

👀

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Melano said:

I discovered my monitor is dying. That's how. Then my computer died the next day. Glorious so far.

Lol ok that's awful, but computers don't just "die" usually it's a component failure that can be fixed... But I have a feeling this could get really difficult... 

If I were you I'd probably make a topic in troubleshooting and explain what's been happening *as exactly as possible* (while also keeping it short if possible) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Lol ok that's awful, but computers don't just "die" usually it's a component failure that can be fixed... But I have a feeling this could get really difficult... 

If I were you I'd probably make a topic in troubleshooting and explain what's been happening *as exactly as possible* (while also keeping it short if possible) 

I did. Monitor is dying on its own. I have 3.

Click my profile. So far its a No it cant be fixed, so i grabbed a spare ssd and am slogging through the bs of moving files.

Shitty microsoft and their garbage updates that brick everything.