Dell Inspiron 7559 unique issue

Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7559

The specs are :

Intel 6th gen i7 - 6700HQ
GPU : Nvidia 960M 4GB

Non touch display (I dont think other deets are necessary beyond this point)

16 GB ram tho

So my laptop has been having a weird issue for almost the past year now.

The moment a Graphic intensive application is being used, the screen starts to flicker.

My natural assumption was my poor gpu or board (OR my display/ display cable) is dying, but that wasn't the case; hear me out please

The laptop screen did not flicker when the lid was moved to a certain position, beyond 90 degrees or near closing of the lid

If it were a GPU issue, the problem should prevail when I connect it to an external display right? (through HDMI). It did not.

SO after that I thought it was the display/ display cable and I sent it to my usual repair guy. The funny part was he said even after replacing the display and the display cable, the issue persisted, therefore leading back to a board issue but HOW?

Any solutions or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton

P.S (Unnecessary information : I cant afford a new laptop but I need a powerful system for my work, thats why Im holding on to this one dearly, also this is my first post, I hope I havent broken rules or any formatting)

It's possible that there's something wrong with components in the circuit that is responsible for delivering a display signal to the display cable in which case there isn't much you can do since it's pretty difficult to find replacement parts for the circuit but also to find schematics for the board.

It could also be that your usual repair guy scammed you.

18 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's possible that there's something wrong with components in the circuit that is responsible for delivering a display signal to the display cable in which case there isn't much you can do since it's pretty difficult to find replacement parts for the circuit but also to find schematics for the board.

It could also be that your usual repair guy scammed you.

Ah crap, it means i have to replace the whole board, which comes to the question of is it worth it anymore. The repair guy, however, may be wrong but is really decent, Ive known him for a while and moreover he didnt charge me a penny (just saying). Anyhoo, thanks a lot

3 minutes ago, krillindiesagain said:

Ah crap, it means i have to replace the whole board, which comes to the question of is it worth it anymore. The repair guy, however, may be wrong but is really decent, Ive known him for a while and moreover he didnt charge me a penny (just saying). Anyhoo, thanks a lot

You can always use some kind of external display attached to the hdmi port to be honest.

41 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You can always use some kind of external display attached to the hdmi port to be honest.

Yeah, but I move from site to site so I need it to work on the go, which is why the issue is extremely annoying if i dont find the right angle of the lid. Also, speaking on the topic, are there cheap portable displays of sorts?

6 minutes ago, krillindiesagain said:

Yeah, but I move from site to site so I need it to work on the go, which is why the issue is extremely annoying if i dont find the right angle of the lid. Also, speaking on the topic, are there cheap portable displays of sorts?

A 15.6 inch display goes for around 100$ with USB C, HDMI and a 1080p resolution, and speakers apparently.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

A 15.6 inch display goes for around 100$ with USB C, HDMI and a 1080p resolution, and speakers apparently.

Wait what? Have any links? Thanks

2 minutes ago, krillindiesagain said:

Wait what? Have any links? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/HONGO-Portable-Computer-1920×1080-Protector/dp/B086VFKWBB/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=15.6+inch+external+display&qid=1603903754&sr=8-14

was able to find this on amazon, it's 125$, might be worth looking for others as well.