my cpu goes way below base clock in-games

hey 

laptop specs- I7 10510u @ 1.80 ghz , mx250 and 16 gigs of ram 

so whenever i open up a games for eg valorant, and then when i queue up and get into a game the frames drops below like 10 and the game starts lagging and stuff and when i open core temp and task manager to check the problem the gpu is fine but my cpu clock speed is 0.39 ghz (399 mhz) so how do i fix this. I have a dell inspiron 14 laptop.

That sounds like thermal throttling. Did you clean out the dust?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

That sounds like thermal throttling. Did you clean out the dust?

how do i clean out dust and i checked core temp in b/w game it wasnt really that hot and in games like among us as well this happens, among us shouldnt make the cpu thermal throttle 

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

That sounds like thermal throttling.

I see what you did there. 

8 hours ago, paarthatechenthu said:

Dell Inspiron

Normal Intel thermal throttling does not force the CPU to 400 MHz indefinitely. The CPU will only slow down as much as it needs to slow down.

Use HWiNFO to see what throttling flags are being reported. You will likely see power limit throttling. Some Dell laptops are setting the turbo power limits to 5W or less. This forces the CPU to slow down to its minimum speed, 400 MHz.

There is no solution. A user recently contacted Dell to ask them what is going on. The Dell rep claimed that this is by design. They do not consider this to be a problem so they have no intention of fixing this with a BIOS update. There is nothing you can do about it besides buying from a different company next time you buy a laptop. 

Edit - Here is how fast a fully loaded 10510U can run. Fantastic processors when a manufacturer knows what they are doing.

NQHgK5G.png