Thenris

Ryzen 9 3800x

Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+

Gigabyte Aorus x570 Ultra

64 Trident Royal Ram

1g NVME ssd

1g ssd

850 watt corsair power

It boots, fans run, RGB is on. It posted once properly and I went through the install windows process with usb drive, however when it rebooted I am no longer getting power to the usb ports. Repair shop tells me its the graphics card not working with the motherboard. 

Any ideas?

Windows may not be booting up enough to power the USB ports( as weird as that sounds). My system turns them on the second i switch the system on, and at some point the switch off for a second and back on. Where is your monitor plugged into? if you switched to your GPU, it may need drivers before it works properly and that could be the cause of some of your problems

Just now, matt0725 said:

Windows may not be booting up enough to power the USB ports( as weird as that sounds). My system turns them on the second i switch the system on, and at some point the switch off for a second and back on. Where is your monitor plugged into? if you switched to your GPU, it may need drivers before it works properly and that could be the cause of some of your problems

I've got the monitor plugged into the graphics card. I tried both display port and hdmi. I think you are right that something is happening to prevent power to usb, it did work once when i got it back from the shop. But nothing since. 

I forgot that Ryzen doesnt have an integrated gpu to try. that sometimes causes issues with intel systems. Im as stumped as you now unfortunately.

1 minute ago, matt0725 said:

I forgot that Ryzen doesnt have an integrated gpu to try. that sometimes causes issues with intel systems. Im as stumped as you now unfortunately.

Thanks for the thought. Appreciate it, plus at lest im not the only one stumped lol.