Dual Monitor screen flickering issue

jackmcnulty1998

Hi, I am having problems with flickering on my monitor when i am not in games, it happens maybe every 30 seconds to a minute it will be a quick flicker near the top of my screen. I originally thought it may be because i was running dual monitor one being 144hz and the other 60hz but i have today just received a second 144hz monitor and now the same is happening to that? I had no flickering problems on the 60hz monitors just these 144hz ones.

My monitors are - MSI OPTIX G241

MSI OPTIX G24C4

I am running display ports from both into my current gaming pc specs below 

CPU - AMD RYZEN 3600

Motherboard - asus rog strix b450-f

Ram - 16gb DDR4 3200

gpu - MSI Geforce gtx 1660 super

Psu - Corsair RM750 

Things i have tried - 

Disabling Freesync on both monitors

Changing down to 120hz on both

Reinstalling graphics drivers

Using a different cable

Disabling Hardware acceleration on chrome

Could this be anything to do with the fact that the GPU is nvidia but the monitors have AMD Freesync on them?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, jackmcnulty1998 said:

Thanks

What happens if you drop the refresh rate on the monitors back down to 60? Are you sure your cables are good?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What happens if you drop the refresh rate on the monitors back down to 60? Are you sure your cables are good?

I have tested the last ten minutes and havent seen a flicker on 60 for both so that seems to have changed things, do you think this could indicate it is the cables? like i said i did try multiple different cables but i can order more if needs be..

2 minutes ago, jackmcnulty1998 said:

I have tested the last ten minutes and havent seen a flicker on 60 for both so that seems to have changed things, do you think this could indicate it is the cables? like i said i did try multiple different cables but i can order more if needs be..

Sorry, I missed the cable part. Not an expert here, but IIRC from another post like this, the issue was solved with some high end cables, but don't rush out and buy new cables based on my half memory. Someone else will come along and correct me I'm sure

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

20 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sorry, I missed the cable part. Not an expert here, but IIRC from another post like this, the issue was solved with some high end cables, but don't rush out and buy new cables based on my half memory. Someone else will come along and correct me I'm sure

Thanks for your help :)

• 1 year later...

please tell me you found the solution. I have the exact problem with dual monitor where the main monitores flickers near the top ramdomly.