Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone I'm new here so I'm not really sure how I should format this but I'll try to explain what happened as best as I can. So I just received the last parts I needed for my new computer I started the building process and everything went smoothly until I tried to turn it on. The first time I tried to turn the computer on nothing happened. I then realized that I read the motherboard manual incorrectly and put the front panel connectors in the wrong spots. So I fixed that and as soon as I turned on the power an audible pop went off and smoke came from the system. I saw where the smoke came from and disconnected whatever it was that I saw(pretty sure it was a 3 pin RGB connector that I connected into the wrong spot). Once I did that the system booted perfectly and I was able to change my ram to 3200mhz and install windows. The other problem began when I tried to plug in my ethernet cord. when I plug it in nothing happens. I'll occasionally be able to connect to the internet but I wont have access to it. also when this happens the yellow light on the ethernet port flashes but not the green one. Yeah so now I have no idea what to do now... I've tried installing new drivers and I know that the ethernet cord works because I've tried it with other devices and it does the job there. 

 

Here is my parts lists 

MOBO: B450 Gigabyte Aorus Elite 

CPU: R7 3700x (stock cooler)

GPU: 2080 Super

Ram: 16GB Gskill Trident Z RGB

PSU: Corsair CX650M 650W   

D1569DBC-98CF-4FD7-BB17-99F340DCBA15.jpeg

9A438B96-1033-41AA-9958-46E568D5A477.jpeg

10BD87C8-3EE6-483B-B746-7BB278A1B213.jpeg

Edited by Mercgluestick
Posting pictures
Link to post
Share on other sites

Try and RMA the board, though you may run into a snag since you admittedly plugged in the wrong thing into your RGB header so they may deny your claim or force you to pay for the repairs since the damage was caused by you. 

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or Tag me to see your reply!

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Try and RMA the board, though you may run into a snag since you admittedly plugged in the wrong thing into your RGB header so they may deny your claim or force you to pay for the repairs since the damage was caused by you. 

Sent a request to Newegg now I'm just waiting for a response back from them. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The green LED near the ethernet port is when you have an active connection.

 

If the port is reported as working properly by the device manager, then it's not the port, it's your settings. 

 

At the bottom right of the task bar, right click the little Ethernet icon and trouble shoot the problems. 

 

Seek the repair after windows displays the issue and even sometimes repairs by it's self. 

 

GL

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had something like this once with a new laptop. Didnt notice it untill quite late cause was almost always on wifi. Try seeing if DHCP is on or off. There's no excuse for having it off, but i've seen windows do even weirder stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The green LED near the ethernet port is when you have an active connection.

 

If the port is reported as working properly by the device manager, then it's not the port, it's your settings. 

 

At the bottom right of the task bar, right click the little Ethernet icon and trouble shoot the problems. 

 

Seek the repair after windows displays the issue and even sometimes repairs by it's self. 

 

GL

Just troubleshooted and got this for the problems found. And now the yellow led turned off. It comes back eventually though.

DBC55461-898E-445A-9853-BDCE5982BF4B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mercgluestick said:

Just troubleshooted and got this for the problems found. And now the yellow led turned off. It comes back eventually though.

 

There you go then. Try a different cable anyways. 

No go, No problem. You've already started a return process anyways.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! -

- Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below.

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

There you go then. Try a different cable anyways. 

No go, No problem. You've already started a return process anyways.

Ok thank you so much. Gonna try that out tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Had something like this once with a new laptop. Didnt notice it untill quite late cause was almost always on wifi. Try seeing if DHCP is on or off. There's no excuse for having it off, but i've seen windows do even weirder stuff.

Yeah DHCP has been on the entire time so it doesn’t seem that that’s the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mercgluestick said:

Yeah DHCP has been on the entire time so it doesn’t seem that that’s the issue.

Ever tried using static IP? Don't forget to set a default gateway and DNS IP as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×