Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Intel Core i9 10900K Cooling

Can a Noctua NH-U12S Cool a Intel Core i9 10900K?

It should be fine if you don't overclock it and don't disable power limits. Noctua advises a maximum power limit of 205W on this cooler for this CPU.

Just now, tishous said:

It should be fine if you don't overclock it and don't disable power limits. Noctua advises a maximum power limit of 205W on this cooler for this CPU.

What other CPU cooler would you recommend, so that i can remove the power limits? i won't be overclocking.

2 minutes ago, Reflow4 said:

What other CPU cooler would you recommend, so that i can remove the power limits? i won't be overclocking.

A be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 or a Noctua NH-D15 will perform great with a 10900k. The only other choice would be to go for an AIO like a 240mm. 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3200  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

If you do remove power limits, you may want to start looking at AIOs. An AIO with atleast a 240mm radiator would be enough.

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

A be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 or a Noctua NH-D15 will perform great with a 10900k. The only other choice would be to go for an AIO like a 240mm. 

Will the Dark Rock 4 cover my ram because i want to get the Corsair RGB ram

Just now, Reflow4 said:

Will the Dark Rock 4 cover my ram because i want to get the Corsair RGB ram

Depends on your case's CPU cooler clearance height. The Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM sticks are tall enough that for my Noctua NH-D15, I have to raise the 2nd fan, but it does not seem like you can move the 2nd fan on the Dark Rock. Noctua also has a chromax version of the NH-D15 that has a black finish. 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3200  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

i really like the Be Quiet Dark Rock 4, can i but two 120mm and replace the one 135mm that comes with it? 

my only concern is if the fan/cooler will cover over the ram 

and how about the mounting system, is it like Noctua?

And how about the Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim?