building new pc from stratch for upgrade

currently in my build only thing im stuck on is my ram deciding weither to future proof with 128gb or go with 64gb as one of my games is ram intensive after mods which is cities skylines 

this would be my build im working on granted im canadian so price is more im also plannign to up my graphic card which is what i currently own in to a 3080

3 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Whats the case use for a Intel cpu?

i prefer intel and for easier dust cleaning long term im upgrading it from coolermasters haf 922 which is a pain to clean

128GB of ram even for modded Cities and Skylines is completely overkill and absolutely unnecessary. Depending on the mods 32GB is all that is needed, maybe 64GB max if you're heavily, heavily modding it and the mods are unoptimized as shit. Is the cooler and case something you already have? Because they aren't sold anymore. You can build a brand new rig 3080 included for $100 less than what you have put together with a 1660... use that extra $100 to upgrade to 64GB if you really need too, I know C&S mods can be pretty ridiculous but 128GB of ram is not worth it for a gaming rig, not at all. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

22 hours ago, RazialLionheart said:

i prefer intel and for easier dust cleaning long term im upgrading it from coolermasters haf 922 which is a pain to clean

I just thought Ryzen was the one, havent been keeping up since 2600 came out. Because intel, you playing the Ghz game?