timeline preview....laptop hdd vs sata ssd vs m.2 nvme ssd

M.R_KING

now i have a shitty laptop

i3 4005u

4gb ram ddr3 1600mhz sigle channel

hdd 500gb 5400rpm

I'm learning how to edit videos on this bad, slow laptop
I made an edit for Counter Strike 1.6, because this is the only game that i can play smothly while recording.

but I am suffering a lot because the editing app (which is movavi video editor...it's a basic app for low end pc)

is very slow and the timeline on it is also very slow so I struggle to see the effects that I do on the video itself not just in editing

I am collecting money to buy a pc build and I am wondering if I get, for example, a sata ssd like the samsung 860 Evo from Samsung for about 48 dollars...or 55$ or I get an nvme ssd like the 970 evo plus for about 60 dollars...all ssd's are brand new from aliexpress
Is the difference between sata ssd and nvme ssd in editing is big and worth paying more for the nvme ssd or sata ssd will be enough for editing and the timeline will be smooth as well so i can edit a video and my mind is relaxed?

i know the nvme ssd and sata ssd not too much difference in chrome navigation or playing games etc....

but i can pay more like 10 to 15 dollars and get a much faster nvme ssd like the 970 evo plus

it's 6 times better than the 860 evo and just 10 dollars more so it's a good deal
Because I suffered a lot with the hard drive of this laptop and a lack of RAM, and when I buy a new pc, I hope it will be much much quicker  since I will try an SSD for the first time in my life.

For your using, nvme vs sata won't matter(or be very small). Your files are likely too small for the extra performance to matter

Also I don't think your system will support a m.2 ssd at all. Check your system first.

Id just get a ssd now, then you can move it to the new rig later. It will make that laptop so much faster.

23 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

For your using, nvme vs sata won't matter(or be very small). Your files are likely too small for the extra performance to matter

Also I don't think your system will support a m.2 ssd at all. Check your system first.

Id just get a ssd now, then you can move it to the new rig later. It will make that laptop so much faster.

It's me from other account

I said in the topic i will buy a new pc build so i will play a larger games with a 1080p recording so it's much larger than this laptop

35 minutes ago, Rafiik said:

It's me from other account

I said in the topic i will buy a new pc build so i will play a larger games with a 1080p recording so it's much larger than this laptop

Unless your working with very high bitrate footage, the difference is going to be very small.

Id get the sata ssd now for your laptop, and then put it in your dkesotp when you get it.

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Unless your working with very high bitrate footage, the difference is going to be very small.

Id get the sata ssd now for your laptop, and then put it in your dkesotp when you get it.

So it will gonna make a big difference even with 4gb of ram??

1 hour ago, Rafiik said:

So it will gonna make a big difference even with 4gb of ram??

it will make a massive performance difference on that laptop. It makes a even bigger difference with less ram aswell.

14 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

it will make a massive performance difference on that laptop. It makes a even bigger difference with less ram aswell.

ty for ur help!!!!!