Streaming pc, will a weak one bog down my main pc?

Hello, i hope this isnt wrong forum, i wasnt sure after i looked at all the different options. I will be building a new pc soon. Question is:

Streaming pc, will a weak one bog down my main pc? I have a dual core cpu with low end amd graphics card;i may use it for streaming pc

i.e will a significantly slower desktop computer capturing my twitch streaming games bog down my gaming rig from not being able to process the video fast enough?? So that gaming pc would get bogged down with old video info in ram etc, not allowing it to concentrate 100% on the task at hand(gaming)?

thanks!

19 minutes ago, newtoofps said:

Hello, i hope this isnt wrong forum, i wasnt sure after i looked at all the different options. I will be building a new pc soon. Question is:

Streaming pc, will a weak one bog down my main pc? I have a dual core cpu with low end amd graphics card;i may use it for streaming pc

i.e will a significantly slower desktop computer capturing my twitch streaming games bog down my gaming rig from not being able to process the video fast enough?? So that gaming pc would get bogged down with old video info in ram etc, not allowing it to concentrate 100% on the task at hand(gaming)?

thanks!

Specs?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Specs?

main rig will have 9700 and 1070 gtx, while old one is a i3 7100 at 3.9ghz with a radeon rx 550.

i have a 4790 computer with 1070 i could use as streaming instead, if the weaker one will bog my main pc down though... also, either way i need to buy a capture card for the streaming pc, correct?

25 minutes ago, newtoofps said:

either way i need to buy a capture card for the streaming pc, correct?

No, just downloaded the streaming software (streamlabs for example) and adjust a few settings according to guides. My sister streams fine with 7700k + 1070ti (even before her 6600k + rx 480 worked ok). She streams with the gpu because it is better than with the cpu

note: might need to lower the game settings in demanding titles

No, but dual-core might have some significant issues with encoding the stream. Which CPU it is? Also, you will need to setup NDI or use capture card to even utilize another PC as encoding machine. NDI will be using your home network, so that shouldn't be issue. The uploading stream might cause some issues with online games, if your connection is under 5mbps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

No, but dual-core might have some significant issues with encoding the stream. Which CPU it is? Also, you will need to setup NDI or use capture card to even utilize another PC as encoding machine. NDI will be using your home network, so that shouldn't be issue. The uploading stream might cause some issues with online games, if your connection is under 5mbps.

21 hours ago, newtoofps said:

main rig will have 9700 and 1070 gtx, while old one is a i3 7100 at 3.9ghz with a radeon rx 550., could also use my 4790k computer for it

16 hours ago, newtoofps said:

i7 is better because of quad-cores. But yeah, that should be fine. So the upload speed and what kind of quality is your target is the next question. But should be fine for 720p60 or 1080p30.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

i7 is better because of quad-cores. But yeah, that should be fine. So the upload speed and what kind of quality is your target is the next question. But should be fine for 720p60 or 1080p30.

Thanks! I'll use this one for the streaming then(quad core)

to stream afps I would want 60fps minimum 720 sounds fine. 

do you think i will drop less fps on the gaming rig if i get a capture card for the 4970k, which will be stream pc(my noob knowledge strikes again)

1 hour ago, newtoofps said:

Thanks! I'll use this one for the streaming then(quad core)

to stream afps I would want 60fps minimum 720 sounds fine. 

do you think i will drop less fps on the gaming rig if i get a capture card for the 4970k, which will be stream pc(my noob knowledge strikes again)

Again, depends on what quality you game with, resolution for monitor and stuff like that. For 1080p gaming and streaming, one PC is quite enough. For 4k, or 144Hz+ gaming and 1080p60 streaming, the second PC is starting to have some value added.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Again, depends on what quality you game with, resolution for monitor and stuff like that. For 1080p gaming and streaming, one PC is quite enough. For 4k, or 144Hz+ gaming and 1080p60 streaming, the second PC is starting to have some value added.

ya prob 250hz and 1080 p at some point so that points towards quad core again, thanks