Survey (If you've got a minute, please fill it out)

Venomz1337

I'm currently in college and we're doing a business plan. My business is called CRC (computer repair center) and we need people to fill-out a survey to see what kind of market we're looking at. 

fill out the following survey, please do me a favour and answer the questions in a non-bold text. You can use a fake name or not put one in if you chose to. Please put your real age and please be serious about it. Thank you in-advance.

Name: 

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ):

What are the most common issues you have with your computer/laptop?

Viruses   /   Speed   /  Power supplies  /   Software  /   Network connection / Other

If other, please specify here:

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No): 

If so, by who?:

How much are you currently paying for warranty per year (if applicable)?

Free   /    Less than £30   /    £30.01 - £60    /    More than £60.01    /      Not sure

Are you happy with the amount you pay? (Yes / No / N/A)

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable:

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc):

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine?

Thank you from me and my business partners.

-Venomz1337

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Name? Huh?

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ): Yes

Viruses   /   Speed   /  Power supplies  /   Software  /   Network connection / Other
If other, please specify here: (I have no issues)

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No): No
If so, by who?:

Free   /    Less than £30   /    £30.01 - £60    /    More than £60.01    /      Not sure

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: 30 CAD

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): 1300 CAD (gaming machine)

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? ZERO DOLLARS

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Ah well it doesn't really seem applicable to me as I'd not pay for anything on that list, I'd do it myself. Pretty much a blanket answer to the whole thing I think :/

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Ah well it doesn't really seem applicable to me as I'd not pay for anything on that list, I'd do it myself. Pretty much a blanket answer to the whole thing I think :/

I just need people to fill it out.

Name? Huh?

(answering now btw)

You can put your username in if you want. 

Thanks guys.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Name: Dave

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ): YES

Viruses   /   Speed   /  Power supplies  /   Software  /   Network connection / Other

None

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No):  No

If so, by who?:

Free   /    Less than £30   /    £30.01 - £60    /    More than £60.01    /      Not sure NOTHING

Are you happy with the amount you pay? (Yes / No / N/A) YES

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: Nothing, warranty

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc):

Never

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine?

Nothing

Name:  Rasmus

Viruses   /   Speed   /  Power supplies  /   Software  /   Network connection / Other

If so, by who?: The parts are under warranty from the store I bought them from

Free   /    Less than £30   /    £30.01 - £60    /    More than £60.01    /      Not sure

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: 10-20$/hour depending on what was damaged. 

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): I would build it myself, but I usually spend around 2000-2500$ on my PC. I guess if somebody build it for me, it would be around 2200-2700$

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? I think that should come as a free service, but maybe 5-15$.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

why dont you just do a poll?

Because I need to have surveys from people and not a poll.

I just need people to fill it out.

Name: SirRoderick (I swear [:P] )

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ): yes

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No): No

If so, by who?:

Free   /    Less than £30   /    £30.01 - £60    /    More than £60.01    /      Not sure

Are you happy with the amount you pay? (Yes / No / N/A) N/A

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable:

I would not seek this service

P.S.

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of enthusiasts on this forum so you'll get a lot of people that just wouldn't look for that sort of stuff.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Name:  Rasmus

If so, by who?: The parts are under warranty from the store I bought them from

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: 10-20$/hour depending on what was damaged. 

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): I would build it myself, but I usually spend around 2000-2500$ on my PC. I guess if somebody build it for me, it would be around 2200-2700$

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? I think that should come as a free service, but maybe 5-15$.

Thank you very much. It's a perfect answer, cheers!

Name:  Rashy

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No):  No.

If so, by who?:

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: 300$++

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): 500$ is enough for a gaming station

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? None, i'm going to try to figure it out. DIY style

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Because I need to have surveys from people and not a poll.

The surveys are irrelevant you just need statistics which can be extracted from a poll (with multiple question) much easier then surveys

The surveys are irrelevant you just need statistics which can be extracted from a poll (with multiple question) much easier then surveys

My course requires me to have worded answers so I am going to do it as a survey. If you're here to criticise then go elsewhere. 

i think this is the wrong place to do such a survey because this isn't exactly the demographic your service is aimed at, you will probably get alot of no and unreasonably low values.

i think this is the wrong place to do such a survey because this isn't exactly the demographic your service is aimed at, you will probably get alot of no and unreasonable low values.

As long as I get some answers, I'm happy. I understand people here wouldn't use this service but I want people to just try and answer the questions. I've already done some surveys but I need some more. I asked for a favour and if you cannot do it then don't do it. No need to create problems. 

Name: Felix Good

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ):yes

Viruses / Speed / Power supplies / Software / Network connection / Other

If other, please specify here: incompatible programs

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No): some individual parts are

If so, by who?:

How much are you currently paying for warranty per year (if applicable)? 0$

Free / Less than £30 / £30.01 - £60 / More than £60.01 / Not sure

Are you happy with the amount you pay? (Yes / No / N/A) yes

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: for just labor, 20$

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): gaming 750$

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? 5$

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Just to point out, you should probably remove the name field. Most surveys/questionnaires will be anonymous in order to get accurate and truthful answers as it reduces the chances for social conformity.  

You don’t have to, just my opinion (:

Name: Koen

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ): Yes

If so, by who?:

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: I would fix it myself :P

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): I would build it myself :P

I would install it myself :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Name: Jeroen 1322

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ): Yes

If other, please specify here: Hardware, like corrupted bios or something in that directoin.

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No): Euhmm.. Don't really know my individual parts are but not my whole computer..

If so, by who?:

Free  

Are you happy with the amount you pay? (Yes / No / N/A) Yes :P

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: I wouldn't pay someone, would fix it myself but if i had to around €50

For gaming i would have no problem for paying around €800 

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? €5, it isn't that hard..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Name:John

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ):

If so, by who?:

if i cant fix it myself i'll pay around 50-120$ depending on the damage
How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc):
gaming, 1000-1200$
How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine? zero

I appreciate your help, if you've got any friends, please ask them to fill it out.

Thanks a lot!

My course requires me to have worded answers so I am going to do it as a survey. If you're here to criticise then go elsewhere. 

There's no need to be so rude. I'm simply offering a suggestion as your doing this is a very inefficient way. If you want to do well in collage and the rest of your life you should actually listen to suggestions instead of being dismissive and rude, you don't know everything so it would be best  that you don't act in such a way.

Protip: You may want to use a proper survey site for this so you can analyse the data properly.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Name: Callum

Do you own a PC? (Yes / No ):Yes

Is your PC currently under warranty? (Yes / No): No

If so, by who?:

How much would you be willing to pay for a basic repair of your PC if it was to be somehow damaged? Don’t be afraid to suggest what you think would be reasonable: $200

How much would you be willing to pay for a custom built PC? Please specify what kind of machine it is (i.e. gaming, editing, workstation, etc): gaming $900

How much would you be willing to pay for software to be correctly installed on your machine?$20

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

There's no need to be so rude. I'm simply offering a suggestion as your doing this is a very inefficient way. If you want to do well in collage and the rest of your life you should actually listen to suggestions instead of being dismissive and rude, you don't know everything so it would be best  that you don't act in such a way.

I don't see how I'm being rude. I know what I have to do and you're coming and basically saying I'm doing it wrong. I apologise if I came across as rude as that was not the intention. 

Protip: You may want to use a proper survey site for this so you can analyse the data properly.

For my course, I need to just have solid evidence of people filling it out. In this case, I'll just screenshot and print off.