Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a Dell inspiron pc and i had to upgrade the ram recently and i am not able to change the ram speed it is currently at 2160 mhz and i have corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 at 3000 speed I also have a ryzen 5 1400 and the motherboard is some basic intel one te bios says insydeh20. Sorry if this is confusing or a dumb question I don't know very much

The most underrated user and unsung hero of LTT Forum.

Casual Gamer and part time Youtuber.

Day Dreamer but lazy and lethargic when it comes to goals.

Always procrastinating. Avoiding challenges and getting out of comfort zone.

Prebuilt PC BIOS's are pretty limited in what you can and cannot do with them unlike motherboard's on the market that you can build a PC with today. Prebuilt manufacturer's tend to just get a BIOS that can just get the computer up and running.

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3200  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

I know but I've seen people being able to change it that's why i am confused

1 hour ago, IceReRe5512 said:

I know but I've seen people being able to change it that's why i am confused

Some people buy better stuff.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

2 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Prebuilt manufacturer's tend to just get a BIOS that can just get the computer up and running.

Tbh it's also likely the board just isn't made for something like that and would probably blow up / burn out when you just put more voltage 

RYZEN 5 3600 | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

Tbh it's also likely the board just isn't made for something like that and would probably blow up / burn out when you just put more voltage 

Oh most definitely especially with the no name motherboards you usually find in prebuilt PCs from the most common manufacturers out there (Dell, HP, Lenovo etc.). 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3200  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27"