Asus Tuff x570 motherboard not detecting OS on SSD

Link9968
Go to solution Solved by truescot,

check in the bios if it is set to uefi or legacy boot, change it to the other setting (most likely its set as uefi and you need legacy)

Hello! I just received my new Asus x570 motherboard in today and put it into my system. The fist time I booted it up it came up to bios and said it could not find a bootable OS. All my drives were detected but no OS. I went back and replugged in my devices, same thing. I plugged only my drive that I know has an OS on it and it sill would refuse to boot. Nothing can seem to get the OS to detect. Updating the bios did not fix it. Any tips?

edit) Here are my specs

ryzen 7 3700x

32gb Corsair vengence ram 4x8gb @ 3600 mhz

Asus Tuf x570 Wifi Motherboard

Two Crucial mx300 500gb SSD's

Corsair 850w power supply

check in the bios if it is set to uefi or legacy boot, change it to the other setting (most likely its set as uefi and you need legacy)

1 minute ago, truescot said:

Might you tell me where that would be? I can't seem to find it

6 minutes ago, truescot said:

I found it! Thanks for the help man! It was under some stupid setting and I figured it out. Couldn't have done it without you!!!!

no worries, if it is using legacy boot i would suggest sticking it on uefi and doing a clean install of windows as there are obvious advantages to UEFI such as much faster boot times, greater than 2tb partition sizes and many other things that you can google for ;)

It might not be placed correctly in default boot order try looking at that and prioritising that in the bios from my own experience of putting windows on a drive when it reboots you have to manually boot onto that said drive or it boots back to the usb

you can find the windows installer here note: it will automaticcaly download as i have copied the download link

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

also instead of doing and iso use a usb option and plug in an empty usb and select it