Suggestions for 4K TV

Peter Boyle

Hi,

I have a few posts asking for advice on displays for PS5 which have all been very helpful. I have made some space for a TV as I think it will end up being the more cost effective option for me because monitors don't have the same quality of HDR that a TV could provide.

I went into a local store and seen a TV which I liked the look of however after researching it seems that HDMI 2.1 may not allow 4K@120Hz while using Dolby Vision. I am aware that a PS5 will not be able to hit 4K 120fps however I want a good looking TV that'll do me for a long time and would be as future proof as possible.

Any advice on if what I read online about HDMI 2.1 is true or any suggestions in general on which TV to buy or what I should be looking to get in a good TV. I would like to keep the price under £1000 and size around 55 inches but could maybe go 65 inches (however i think 65 inches might be too much for my room)

This is the TV that I liked in the store:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/sony-bravia-kd55xh9296bu-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10208446-pdt.html

Thanks in advance