Budget (including currency): WHAT EVER IT TAKES CDN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Master of Orion, Age of Wonders 3, No Man's SKY, Skyrim VR, Fallout 4, Fallout VR, StarTrek Online, Roblox, Warhammer 2, the Division 1+2+ more. Bitcoin mining in non game hours

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

My son's PC right now

AMD 1st Gen Threadripper 1920X 12 core

Enermax LT2 240 liquid cooler for the cpu

Gigabyte x399 Designare

64 gb ram (4 x 16)

2 Titan XP Collectors Editions (Galactic Empire's) 

(2) 1TB 970 EVO PLUS in raid 0

some no name striker case... 

I'm upgrading my son to...

AMD 3rd Gen Threadripper 24 core

Enermax LT2 360 Liquid cooler for the cpu

Gigabyte designare motherboard

128gb ram (4x32gb) so its not clocked down

4 Titan XP Collectors Editions (all Galactic Empire) for the main screen LG ultra gear 38" 175hz

Msi Seahawk X 1080 for his other 3 monitors

Corsair 1000D Super tower

Thermaltake 1500w PS

(waiting for my NVME drive to be released-either XPG S70 or Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus.)

I will be posting pic tomorrow when his case comes in.

after the build my next step will be to liquid cool the 4 titan xp's

I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Pic's tomorrow :)

why does your son need this and how old is he?

If you're not trolling, if he is just playing games you might be better off going with a 3k rig. especially looking at how powerful parts have become, the 3k rig would probably be almost as powerful as that because games aren't optimised for that

Edit: Didn't notice the mining part, sorry.

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

1 minute ago, fffkylian said:

In the post it says itll be used for mining but thats some rig. I wouldnt be upgrading for years if it was me 😂

1 minute ago, fffkylian said:

NOBODY "NEED'S" this PC....

...we are serious gamers.... its like asking a pilot would you like to fly a jet or a sailboat ?

My son's age is irrelevant, and can not be revealed due to forum rules. 

1 minute ago, Abzilla said:

If you're not trolling, if he is just playing games you might be better off going with a 3k rig. especially looking at how powerful parts have become, the 3k rig would probably be almost as powerful as that because games aren't optimised for that

Not Trolling (I'm a Kul Tiran) 

Some of the games we play, require a lot of juice. 

For example I'm playing a game of Masters of Orion on an Oversized Mod Map with 1000's of systems. The game takes an hour and a half to load on a 1st gen 12core threadripper. I want to bring that load time down.

We will also be doing some extreme skyrim mod's for VR 

and a ton of other stuff... not just gaming. 

I will be posting all sorts of things in the coming years :)

2 minutes ago, CottonSWAB AKA CottonSHIFT said:

NOBODY "NEED'S" this PC....

...we are serious gamers.... its like asking a pilot would you like to fly a jet or a sailboat ?

My son's age is irrelevant, and can not be revealed due to forum rules. 

just cuz ur a serious gamer doesnt mean u need 4 titan xps. thats useless unless you have a 1000hz monitor to see that fps. get dual 3090's or something.

5 minutes ago, Peter Boyle said:

In the post it says itll be used for mining but thats some rig. I wouldnt be upgrading for years if it was me 😂

ik lol

Just now, fffkylian said:

just cuz ur a serious gamer doesnt mean u need 4 titan xps. thats useless unless you have a 1000hz monitor to see that fps. get dual 3090's or something.

I have a 175hz monitor and we're running world of warcraft at 200% resolution scaling which is almost 8k... I cant afford duel 3090's 

Just now, CottonSWAB AKA CottonSHIFT said:

I have a 175hz monitor and we're running world of warcraft at 200% resolution scaling which is almost 8k... I cant afford duel 3090's 

LOOOOOOOOOOL u cant afford 2 3090s but u can afford a threadripper and 4 titan xps. LMFAO.

6 minutes ago, Peter Boyle said:

Once this thing is built, I wont be touching it again for a while. Quite a while I hope lol

I really wont need to... it has everything we want.

1 minute ago, CottonSWAB AKA CottonSHIFT said:

Ask nasa if they have a spare super computer

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

Just now, fffkylian said:

LOOOOOOOOOOL u cant afford 2 3090s but u can afford a threadripper and 4 titan xps. LMFAO.

Well I'm on a limited income... believe it or not... I get about $1000 a month for play things and I've been saving all year to build this. Finding all sorts of awesome deals on Kijiji.

1 minute ago, CottonSWAB AKA CottonSHIFT said:

Well I'm on a limited income... believe it or not... I get about $1000 a month for play things and I've been saving all year to build this. Finding all sorts of awesome deals on Kijiji.

bruh, save urself some money

5 minutes ago, fffkylian said:

13 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

Edit: Didn't notice the mining part, sorry.

8 minutes ago, fffkylian said:

@fffkylian @Abzilla

There was a similar post posted by the OP on Oct 12 in regards to this system he is putting together for his son. 

Watercooling 4x Titan XPs is going to put out a lot of heat and also a huge electric bill but if you want to go ahead and do so, then why not. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, CottonSWAB AKA CottonSHIFT said:

I'm not trying to judge what you do with your money, but this seems horribly inefficient. Also, your numbers don't add up. You want to spend $20k on a rig, but have been saving $1k a month for a year. So you're $8k short? I think what I really have a hard time understanding is why you're so set on using these Titans when they are now two generations behind. You can get more performance for less money.. I just don't get it.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

I'm not trying to judge what you do with your money, but this seems horribly inefficient. Also, your numbers don't add up. You want to spend $20k on a rig, but have been saving $1k a month for a year. So you're $8k short? I think what I really have a hard time understanding is why you're so set on using these Titans when they are now two generations behind. You can get more performance for less money.. I just don't get it.

Thats what I thought.

You're really best off going with 2 3090s because it would probably perform the same or even better than 4 titans because of optimisation. Linus the god did a video on 2 SLI 3090s and I think there wasn't a great difference.

7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

@fffkylian @Abzilla

There was a similar post posted by the OP on Oct 12 in regards to this system he is putting together for his son. 

Watercooling 4x Titan XPs is going to put out a lot of heat and also a huge electric bill but if you want to go ahead and do so, then why not. 

Yes sir that was me :) I got tied up in a Warhammer 2 Mortal Empires game.. Had to finish the whole map.. it was just bugging me.

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

You do bring up some interesting points sir,

The total retail cost of the system is Over $20k 

But that's not what I paid.. I will make a post later detailing what I spent and when. I think it will be the post with all the pic's of the boxes and the start of the build. 

Sorry I cant make you understand why I love my titan's. I have been using them (2 of them) for over 2 years and they have been awesome !!! Because something is a couple of generations old doesn't mean its crap IMHO. As for performance for less money I would debate that... My total cost for the titan setup was about $3400 over 2 years. 

I'm not interested in ray tracing because the game we play the most (world of warcraft) has it but it doesn't improve gameplay (pvp) I dont care about what new features the faces of my enemy has. I just want my alliance brother to bash their heads in (in game only) while I heal them as a resto druid :)