Looking to Start Programing

Samuroot1987

How would I begin to lean how to Program? The only thing i know about programing (in javascript i think0 would be move(); or Repeat until \ move();

What languages should I go after first?

Buy all the planes! Im also bad at quoting!

It depends on what you want to do with it, You can use C# to make games in Unity 3D for games, you can go for Python and from there to Java

It depends on what you want to do with it, You can use C# to make games in Unity 3D for games, you can go for Python and from there to Java

Well, as sort of a later on project I was wanting to write a program to turn a phone into a remote for something through bluetooth

Well, as sort of a later on project I was wanting to write a program to turn a phone into a remote for something through bluetooth

You could start learning Java and then move into Android development (or learn them at the same time). In my opinion, it would be easier than learning Objective-C and iOS development.

If you want to do that for i OS it takes a good 4-5 years no matter who you are to be a good programmer for that language, as for android it's Java, i OS it's XCode. With Android NDK uses C and C++

If you want to do that for i OS it takes a good 4-5 years no matter who you are to be a good programmer for that language, as for android it's Java, i OS it's XCode. With Android NDK uses C and C++

Well the phone was just a filler for what I realy want to use. I want to take: http://www.onetouch.com/verio and make it the remote for: http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes-technology/insulin-pumps/current-pumps/accu-chek-spirit instead of the one that comes with it

You would have to make some serious hardware fot it to be able to do that.

Well the phone was just a filler for what I realy want to use. I want to take: http://www.onetouch.com/verio and make it the remote for: http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes-technology/insulin-pumps/current-pumps/accu-chek-spirit instead of the one that comes with it

You would have to make some serious hardware fot it to be able to do that.

such as....

such as....

Things such as a QR blaster, the things you would have to do to it would not be worth it

Things such as a QR blaster, the things you would have to do to it would not be worth it

Its over bluetooth The company that makes the "Remote" has a bluetooth one but it doesent have buttons

If you're just talking about things from a software perspective:

1) For the controller, you'd probably need the company to provide you with some kind of API (who knows what language) and tell you how to install something onto them. That's assuming you could do everything through software and wouldn't need any hardware work done. Also, it's probably not going to happen.

2) For the receiver, you'd need to know how the device receives input so you could send commands that match it.

It sounds like you're thinking about modifying the hardware though which is another matter entirely. You should probably look for another project, especially as a beginner.

If you're just talking about things from a software perspective:

1) For the controller, you'd probably need the company to provide you with some kind of API (who knows what language) and tell you how to install something onto them. That's assuming you could do everything through software and wouldn't need any hardware work done. Also, it's probably not going to happen.

2) For the receiver, you'd need to know how the device receives input so you could send commands that match it.

It sounds like you're thinking about modifying the hardware though which is another matter entirely. You should probably look for another project, especially as a beginner.

Yeah,  I was dreaming with that one. Even if ti was later down the line.

Java isn't as hard as many think and is a good bases to learn how to start coding, getting good habits when it comes to coding, a good way to star is to make a simple mod for minecraft honestly. From there you can start making more complex mods and then move onto something like C# and start developing programs off of that. 

Pretty much answered in few posts above, However ,

1. Learn java, its no as hard as it sound

2. Objective C will not take you 5+ years

3. You can create games and programs in unity with both c# AND Javascript (also boo or what is that).

3.You can try python or c++ if you really mean it seriously.

4. Dont learn through services like CodeAcademy also dont start with modding minecraft. You will be misconcepted.

5. Buy a book about java (cca 400 pages ), that will help you start

6.Afterwards buy an Java OOP (object oriented programing) book and learn how to program objectively , then buy a book about Java libraries , to have in mind the posibilities, so you do not re-invent the wheel.

7. OR buy a c++ book (cca 1300 pages)  after reading the book you are good to go with yourslef prepared for learning API's e.t.c.

-snip-

2. Objective C will not take you 5+ years

-snip-

X code and Objective c are not easily mastered. Such as my friend who programs in X code, he codes in C#, C, C++, Java and x Code/Objective c. From his experience they are hard programming languages to learn and become fluent in them.

Mastery of a language does take years, but it wont take long to start building small apps. When it comes to Objective C, you'll likely be building small iOS apps to help you learn the language.