What is thiis?

DominicNikon
Go to solution Solved by DominicNikon,

and after cleaning the fingers and blowing out the pcie slot. everything is back to normal some how

Hi, i;'ve been getting this error message from DirectX and my first thought was that my overclock was unstable so I put the card to stock and it happened again while stock. Should i try reinstalling the driver? I know my card (RTX 2080S) isn't degraded because I have not done any mods to it or anything.

image.png.0d7b2b2ecf34de26619b97bc69c2d512.png

when was the last time you updated your driver? 

is the 2080 a recent install or did this just randomly start showing up one day?

first thing I would start with is a clean driver install

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

16 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

when was the last time you updated your driver? 

is the 2080 a recent install or did this just randomly start showing up one day?

first thing I would start with is a clean driver install

The last time I updated my driver was October 7th with driver version 456.71 (game ready). It just started happening one day which is why my first thought was an unstable overclock because I have had the graphics card since July (using evga step-up to get a 3080) 

Ok, I will do a clean driver install 

Also remove MSI afterburner. Remember to disable windows automatic driver installation. Before reinstall

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Also remove MSI afterburner. Remember to disable windows automatic driver installation. Before reinstall

yep. I also unplug ethernet so it cant auto install and I use evga precision X and not msi after burner

Did it work?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Did it work?

Sorry, I just did it. stock gpu settings with a clean install using ddu, it decreased my 3d mark timespy score by 5,000 points and it had a flashing black screen

2 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

Sorry, I just did it. stock gpu settings with a clean install using ddu, it decreased my 3d mark timespy score by 5,000 points and it had a flashing black screen

But the driver don't crash? A flashing back screen?

FS in Denmark/EU:

4 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

No driver crash. Just black screen as of now

Have you tried to just reseat the graphics card in its slot? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Have you tried to just reseat the graphics card in its slot? 

Nope 

8 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

I think I might have temporary fixed it by: clean uninstall and installing September drivers and underclocking the gpu by 1 ghz on core (-1000mhz) and -1000mhz on mem. 

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

I think I might have temporary fixed it by: clean uninstall and installing September drivers and underclocking the gpu by 1 ghz on core (-1000mhz) and -1000mhz on mem. 

thats not good. Is it overheating?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Okay. Stock dosen't work at all?

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

thats not good. Is it overheating?

I have it under a custom loop and the max temp I have ever had with it was 55C

1 hour ago, DominicNikon said:

I have it under a custom loop and the max temp I have ever had with it was 55C

Have tou tried a windows reinstall?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Have tou tried a windows reinstall?

No but I did switch to a m.2 in September where I reloaded windows. Could it have something to do with the fact that i broke the pcie lock off my slot a few months ago? That doesn't explain why it started happening now but worth the question. 

I don’t think so, but do you have another 16x?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I don’t think so, but do you have another 16x?

I have 2 more 16x slots 

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

I have 2 more 16x slots 

can you try them?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

can you try them?

I'll try but idk if my soft tubing will have enough give

36 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

I'll try but idk if my soft tubing will have enough give

Do you have the original heat sync & shroud? Or extra tubing? (I know you would have to drain the loop, but it’s worth the shot?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Do you have the original heat sync & shroud? Or extra tubing? (I know you would have to drain the loop, but it’s worth the shot?

I have extra tubing and I will try. 

Not sure if this is related but my ram is is weirding out too