What is thiis?

DominicNikon
Go to solution Solved by DominicNikon,

and after cleaning the fingers and blowing out the pcie slot. everything is back to normal some how

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Do you have the original heat sync & shroud? Or extra tubing? (I know you would have to drain the loop, but it’s worth the shot?

I tried it and I had enough tubing give and no black screens but it didn't even perform close to 2080 super while stock (not underclocked) like it's performing like a single gtx 980

3 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

I tried it and I had enough tubing give and no black screens but it didn't even perform close to 2080 super while stock (not underclocked) like it's performing like a single gtx 980

whats wrong with ram? Gamaged pcie slot may be part of it. I think it is just pcie lane bottleneced now.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

whats wrong with ram? Gamaged pcie slot may be part of it. I think it is just pcie lane bottleneced now.

Corsair icue keeps putting a red triangle over my ram saying it can't be software controlled. How would it be a pcie bottleneck? I have a ryzen 9 3950x with the x570 chipset and I only have 1 pcie x4 m.2

7 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

Corsair icue keeps putting a red triangle over my ram saying it can't be software controlled. How would it be a pcie bottleneck? I have a ryzen 9 3950x with the x570 chipset and I only have 1 pcie x4 m.2

Can you take a picture?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

From what I understand, that is a 8x slot now, but Im not 100% sure. THough, it shouldnt be that bad. Can you checl bios for any memory wierdness?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

From what I understand, that is a 8x slot now, but Im not 100% sure. THough, it shouldnt be that bad. Can you checl bios for any memory wierdness?

Yes, it's a pcie 8x slot but I ran duel 980s on this board with 8x and was fine. Not sure what in bios to check since the ram is just running at xmp

Inspect the PCIe slot for physical damage.

Are the golden fingers on the card's PCIe connector clean?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

12 hours ago, GoldSrc said:

The only pcie slot damage i notice is the missing lock that I accidently took off by removing the card kinda at an angle a few months ago and i will clean the fingers when I get home

On 10/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, GoldSrc said:

On 10/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Update. I found that the card is boosting properly when running 3d mark but its utilization is 3% and max of 4% over gt 1 and 2 in timespy 

and after cleaning the fingers and blowing out the pcie slot. everything is back to normal some how