Best Linux for Beginner

I was wondering which form of linux would offer the best user experience, ans well as the ability to play steam and have easier to install or native support for Intel HD4600.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Nothing to see here, move along

My money would be on Ubuntu, but since that's the only Linux distro I've personally tried, that's the only one I can pass judgement on.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

ohh i would say ubuntu, i can run on  chromebooks:)

Ubuntu isn't the only OS that can run on a chromebook.. you could force windows onto it if you want.. if you are on about things that make chromeOS look like ubuntu, you aren't really getting ubuntu, just a different graphical front end.

Ubuntu is a good choice, alternatively mint is another good choice.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Mint gets my vote, but its slightly bias as I don't really like Ubuntu myself.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

slackware jk :) ubuntu is probably the best or mint u could even try cent os its not as easy as ubuntu tho.

Linux Mint, i just don't like Ubuntu's UI.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Linux Mint gets my vote as well. It has everything you need and you get to not use the horrible GUI of Ubuntu.

i Agree with everyone else wither ubuntu or linux mint i have used both and i like ubunu better but linux mint is still a very good option

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Mint is my personal favorite and is great for beginners as the UI is like windows and you don't need to install all extra packages like Ubuntu so you can install and get up in running right away.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

For people used to Windows that want to get started in Linux, I found the best distro to be Zorin OS. It's very noob friendly and won't scare you off, I suggest you give it a try :)
Most people will recommend Ubuntu, it's the most popular one, and there are lot's of videos and forums that can help you out, but about 90% of the stuff you read about Ubuntu, will work with Zorin as well, it's a Ubuntu based distro.

Linux Mint is my personal favorite, but I don't know if I would recommend it to a beginner.

This is the Zorin OS link:  http://zorin-os.com/

Give it a shot, or at least enter the website and check its features, you might find what you are looking for here.

ubunto or mint for user experience, if you want freedom though...i wouldnt reccomend either

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones