can i request only my xbox one x controller replacement?

aqarwaen29

so i bought any xbox one x. now my controller is showing wear down issues.keys like a,b,x and y are becoming loose but still work.i wonder if i request to replace controller only!

iam 100% sure its controller  issue,cuse my pc controller works fine.it was bought 24 November 2018.

Yeah, controller warranties max out at one year, at least up here in Canada. In the US they are 90 days.  I doubt you will be able to get a controller replacement after nearly two years.  I would still contact Microsoft. The worst they can do is say no.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 12:28 AM, Warin said:

Yeah, controller warranties max out at one year, at least up here in Canada. In the US they are 90 days.  I doubt you will be able to get a controller replacement after nearly two years.  I would still contact Microsoft. The worst they can do is say no.

I thought the One X only had a one year warranty? If so, they definitely won't cover it unless OP bought an extended one. Seems hardly anyone ever gets the extended warranty so I'm just going to guess they don't have one.

I can't quite remember the factory warranty length because I bought a 3rd party four year extended protection plan with mine just to be safe so factory warranty conditions didn't really stick in my mind.

Side note: I don't get why anyone would buy a $500 console and not spend an extra $45 to have the thing covered for four years, especially given how finicky consoles can be.

I mean any controllers that I have had never last more than 4-5 months from the use that I use them for (Rocket League and all Single Player games). I would say 2 years is quite the good life time for it. Most likely if you contact Microsoft they will just state that you are outside their warranty range and just try to get you go buy another one.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

MS told me they can't service my XB1 CONTROLLER unless I register my XBOX on voice call with the representative. Like MS and their policies such a bitch, I don't even have an XBOXONE. 

Their representative clearly told me he and the company can't help me unless I register the controller with an XBOX. Like that's illegal as fuck.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:42 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

I thought the One X only had a one year warranty? If so, they definitely won't cover it unless OP bought an extended one. Seems hardly anyone ever gets the extended warranty so I'm just going to guess they don't have one.

I can't quite remember the factory warranty length because I bought a 3rd party four year extended protection plan with mine just to be safe so factory warranty conditions didn't really stick in my mind.

Side note: I don't get why anyone would buy a $500 console and not spend an extra $45 to have the thing covered for four years, especially given how finicky consoles can be.

Controllers aren't covered under the same warranty though, they're classed as peripherals and therefore have a shorter warranty. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?