What Ryzen 5000 CPU are you getting?

What Ryzen 5000 CPU are you getting and why?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Ryzen 5000 CPU are you getting and why?

• Ryzen 5950x
    • Ryzen 5900x
    • Ryzen 5800x
    • Ryzen 5600x
    • Another Ryzen CPU not yet released
    • Not upgrading at all
    • Something from Intel coming out

58 minutes ago, CADGuy23 said:

I am getting the 5900X, upgrading from a 7700k. I wasn't sure if I was going to get an 8 or 12 core, since the 12 core is only $100 more I might as well pony up now.

Still deciding on what board I want, X570 Asus prime pro is what I am leaning towards.

I heard that board had some issues with the VRMs apparently the cheaper Asus TUF is better, but you only have 1 16x pcie instead of two.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 hour ago, Thinkfreely said:

I heard that board had some issues with the VRMs apparently the cheaper Asus TUF is better, but you only have 1 16x pcie instead of two.

I'm sure there are some issues, but not widespread enough for me to distrust this board.  I looked into the TUF and it is definitely a better value. The prime looks better overall, has an extra phase of power for memory overclocking.  I want good VRM's and Asus seems to do very well in the X570 lineup across the board.  

1 hour ago, CADGuy23 said:

I'm sure there are some issues, but not widespread enough for me to distrust this board.  I looked into the TUF and it is definitely a better value. The prime looks better overall, has an extra phase of power for memory overclocking.  I want good VRM's and Asus seems to do very well in the X570 lineup across the board.  

Ya gigabyte apparently did well this gen too.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

5800X for me. It's only a $30 upgrade after I sell my unused 2600 to my brother, and my existing 3600 to my Dad. Might go for a 5900X if I have enough money in the bank when the time comes to buy.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Ryzen 5, 3600. Why is that not in the choices?