How to remove weather on home and lock screen on Google Pixel 4A runs Android 11?

How to remove weather on home and lock screen on Google Pixel 4A runs Android 11?

Long press on the home screen to remove them?
Lock Screen settings ?

That's usually how it is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Long press on the home screen to remove them?
Lock Screen settings ?

That's usually how it is.

No option to turn it off.

28 minutes ago, AlwaysWong said:

No option to turn it off.

Keep your finger, WITHOUT MOVING IT, for like a second or two on the weather widget itself and it should show some kind of  rectangle around it to resize, while also giving the option to get rid of it. This standard feature has been a thing since forever on Android, so unless Google decided to change that around on their new Pixel, that's how it is done.

As for the lock screen, I don't have a Pixel, but on my Samsung, it's in Phone Settings > Lock Screen > FaceWidgets. In there I can enable/disable the widgets for the Weather, Music, etc. on the Lock screen.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Keep your finger, WITHOUT MOVING IT, for like a second or two on the weather widget itself and it should show some kind of  rectangle around it to resize, while also giving the option to get rid of it. This standard feature has been a thing since forever on Android, so unless Google decided to change that around on their new Pixel, that's how it is done.

As for the lock screen, I don't have a Pixel, but on my Samsung, it's in Phone Settings > Lock Screen > FaceWidgets. In there I can enable/disable the widgets for the Weather, Music, etc. on the Lock screen.

This is what it is look like on home screen

20201015_203913.thumb.jpg.23d0ac42cd7510e5c20d6b7a526e6374.jpg

Long press on 81f number bring this up

20201015_203859.thumb.jpg.81db67d5ada2a77a3095352505df095d.jpg

What if you don't long press directly on the temperature, but on the date itself?

What if you long press under it, in the void (this is the Lock Screen or the actual home screen where you launch stuff from?)

Did you go in the settings of that app ? In the three horizontal ||| bars at the top left. Usually, these type of apps have some sort of setting in there somewhere that can disable these.

There is a small possibility that it is baked in the launcher for some reason, changing the launcher should get rid of it...

But looking at the Pixel launcher on the playstore, it looks like any other plain widget that should be removable by long pressing it one way or another, not sure what the problem with yours is

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I'll let others try to help you with this one.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

What if you don't long press directly on the temperature, but on the date itself?

What if you long press under it, in the void (this is the Lock Screen or the actual home screen where you launch stuff from?)

Did you go in the settings of that app ? In the three horizontal ||| bars at the top left. Usually, these type of apps have some sort of setting in there somewhere that can disable these.

There is a small possibility that it is baked in the launcher for some reason, changing the launcher should get rid of it...

But looking at the Pixel launcher on the playstore, it looks like any other plain widget that should be removable by long pressing it one way or another, not sure what the problem with yours is

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I'll let others try to help you with this one.

Press the date itself open up calendar and here is the general settings pic.

20201015_232949.thumb.jpg.affc6379f084017bcacfe692f40a7734.jpg

20201015_232956.thumb.jpg.f060f5144212f9ff3b16401519ccd5d4.jpg

Google feed or discover general settings

20201015_232804.thumb.jpg.6cd8dbe0fad7d1a67288cb8c8db27a4b.jpg

20201015_232757.thumb.jpg.2d88d70395179dbed4f92c6c49d8a665.jpg