Help a broken man

Entropy.

This is my friend's build after I've tried several times to teach him how to properly make a pcpp. I can't convince him to purchase a single reasonable part- I mean Just look at it.... Please. For the love of the PCMR god. Help me convince him. 

image.thumb.png.d25ca88a06a01dfa36bd6cbcb087f29e.png1767169247_Screenshot2020-10-15at10_08_24AM.png.9d176253118d49bf5ee8ab50a19346cb.png 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Only thing that looks weird to me is the z490 motherboard with a non-k cpu. If it was mine, I'd swap the Crucial drive for a WD SN550 as I believe the P1 is a QLC drive opposed to the SN550's TLC.

ASU

4 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

This is my friend's build after I've tried several times to teach him how to properly make a pcpp. I can't convince him to purchase a single reasonable part- I mean Just look at it.... Please. For the love of the PCMR god. Help me convince him. 

image.thumb.png.d25ca88a06a01dfa36bd6cbcb087f29e.png1767169247_Screenshot2020-10-15at10_08_24AM.png.9d176253118d49bf5ee8ab50a19346cb.png 

Oh my. That motherboard. And that PSU. And the RAM. All are wayyy overkill and really not where he should spend his money

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Only thing that looks weird to me is the z490 motherboard with a non-k cpu. If it was mine, I'd swap the Crucial drive for a WD SN550 as I believe the P1 is a QLC drive opposed to the SN550's TLC.

10300? He also want's a 240mm liquid cooler, and- gasdfhj;agoihaero;hg

I realize what you're saying, but he ignores my corrections lol 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

2 minutes ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

Oh my. That motherboard. And that PSU. And the RAM. All are wayyy overkill and really not where he should spend his money

How is the RAM overkill?  Or even the PSU is fine, it's more power than he needs but the price isn't bad.  The motherboard tho... yeah, half that.

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

It IS his money tho.  :)

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

3 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

How is the RAM overkill?  Or even the PSU is fine, it's more power than he needs but the price isn't bad.  The motherboard tho... yeah, half that.

I mean I think he's referring to the RGB. The PSU is fine, but this is a 1660 10300 build.... It'll probably suck 300w from the wall maximum. 

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

I- it just hurts me to look at it 

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Ya know, I'm not proud of it, but my first build contained an i3 3225 and a Corsair h80i... It didn't need it lol. However, 8 years later, that cooler is still cooking. The 4670k It was cooling will probably never run again, but I'll keep the cooler for a NAS or maybe some kind of electronics project later. My point is you can invest in some parts now and carry them with you into upgrades later. Perhaps not the wisest use of budget, but it's not necessarily a waste in the long run.

ASU

I think he's just fucking with you

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I mean I think he's referring to the RGB. The PSU is fine, but this is a 1600 10300 build.... It'll probably suck 300w from the wall maximum. Plus, he want's a 240mm aio. :( 

Yeah I'm referring to the RGB. Don't get me wrong, I have a 32gb of that RAM but when you are on a budget like he clearly is, it isn't worth it. PSU is fine but wayyy overkill. 240mm AIO for a i3 is also weird.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

grab a 3100 and use the stock cooler. ripjaws v 3600 cl16. get a cheep b550. get a used 2070.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

grab a 3100 and use the stock cooler. ripjaws v 3600 cl16. get a cheep b550. get a used 2070.

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I've suggested... and what he ignored 

45 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I think he's just fucking with you

You should see the chat history. It's just so cursed I highly doubt it. 

4 hours ago, Dedayog said:

At the end of the day, that's what matters. If he doesn't want advice then that's his problem...it's not like his system won't work or has incompatible parts, it's just costing more than it needs to and is excessive in certain areas. But if it's what he wants then it's what he wants, maybe he's not buying for purely performance but for aesthetics or something, who the hell knows? He'll probably learn after purchasing that maybe he could have saved a few bucks, but he's gotta figure that out on his own.

i once got a fan less gpu....forgive me....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

36 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i once got a fan less gpu....forgive me....

if you purchased a pc or components before 2005/10 theres goods odds that you purchased a fanless gpu before lol

11 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

if you purchased a pc or components before 2005/10 theres goods odds that you purchased a fanless gpu before lol

ya haha i don't remember what it was something like a gt 3940 hd or something... oh i thin the hd was radion... i dont no... the point is i thoght it was cool at the time... my dad got it at some point and was the why? he repast it and add a fan to it and gave it away... i did get his hammy downs thow wc gt 560 or something like that at the time.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv