Px 747 fan mod

Rutgahh

Hello forum people, the viewsonic px 747 beamer fans were to loud for my liking so i ordered some noctua fans, i then opened the beamer up by removing the top plate and then the front plate. Cant find any screws or any way to proceed. Does anyone know how to disassemble this beamer if so hmu.

• 1 month later...

Funny enough, yes:

First, on each side above the fans are two screws that are trapped by springs. Unscrew all 4 until they are completely loose in their springs.

Next, starting on the sides use either a guitar pick style wedge or a plastic pry bar to separate the top lid. The seam for this is the seam that is a quarter inch down from the top.

Once the top is off, you should see a hole in the center of the top. There is a screw down there, go ahead and take that one out. Also, near the back you should see a PCB that is held in place with a platic lever. Unplug that and carefully with your plastic pry bar, pull back the plastic tab that is holding it in place and remove the PCB. Under that PCB is another screw. Go ahead and remove that.

Now flip the projector over. There should be 6 screws on the bottom panel if I recall correctly. One of these screws is hidden under a "warranty void if removed" sticker. Remove all of these screws.

You will then need to pry again. Start on the sides again, this time the seam is a half inch up from the bottom of the projector. I suggest using a tiny flat head screwdriver to carefully start prying up the seam. Once you barely start you should start to see some very small indentations that were hidden under the seam. Use your plastic pry bar to pry at those points first before working your way around the seam.

You'll be able to get at the fans from there. However, I posted a thread on this: 

And I ran into problems from here. The fans you need are 92mm ones. Also 3 pin but the connectors that Noctua fans use are too large. One of them is a mini 3 pin connector. The other is some sort of MICRO 3 pin connector. I could find an adapter for the mini but not the other one. Also don't bother with Noctua redux. The cooling either isn't enough or the voltage is not right and the projector will detect this and turn itself off.

If you can find an adapter or the name of that micro 3 pin connector let me know. Also let me know if you manage to get your fans working as I'd like to know specifically which ones do work.