Grey Screen Youtube Videos

RoryRB

Whenever I try to watch any YouTube video on chrome I just get a grey screen as shown below. I've tried updating, disabling hardware acceleration, switching accounts, restarting my pc and other browsers but its just chrome that is giving me this issue. I've used the pc with this installation of chrome for over a year and never had any issues like it, does anyone else have this issue and/or know a fix for this?110717206_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.183cfd3722b5dd8389e7a734a79d33c6.png

CPU: Amd Ryzen 3400g 

COOLER: Be Quite Dark Rock Pro 4

MOBO: Aorus x570 elite 

RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengence 3200 MHz 

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

GPU: Powercolour Red Devil RX570 4GB

PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold

CASE: Coolermaster H500p Mesh

I’ve been seeing weird issues with YouTube on an iPhone running Firefox lately that make videos more than a few minutes long nearly unwatchable.  There have been other complaints across different and diverse types of platforms.  They don’t seem to be the same between platforms but do seem to be similar within them.  It all seems to have started when YouTube changes the way it served ads.  I suspect it is an internal YouTube thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.