What Z490 for i7-10700k?

Hello everyone, I'm looking to make a build with an i7-10700k and an AMD one to compare. For the Intel one, I can't decide wich Asus ROG Strix Z490 to pick.

There's the E, F and H and apart for the E that has Wi-Fi I can't seem to find any substantial difference beetween the 3 model.

The A I don't like the color 😂

Can someone please help me find out?

Thank you very much

I suggest waiting for new Ryzen

At the very least, I hope the competition will drive prices down. You might be able to get a motherboard for much better value.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What's your budget, and are you absolutely set on going with an ASUS board?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

What's your budget, and are you absolutely set on going with an ASUS board?

I don't really have one, I need to upgrade from a i7-6700k+Asus Z170-Pro Gaming. I'm thinking about 250-300€ MAX just for the mobo (if it's worth). I want to change cpu-mobo and psu while I wait for the 3080.

I'm going Asus cause I always had Asus hardware and I always found myself well with it.

Just now, Alexaldin said:

I don't really have one, I need to upgrade from a i7-6700k+Asus Z170-Pro Gaming. I'm thinking about 250-300€ MAX just for the mobo (if it's worth). I want to change cpu-mobo and psu while I wait for the 3080.

I'm going Asus cause I always had Asus hardware and I always found myself well with it.

The Strix Z490-E is pretty much the only Z490 board from ASUS I recommend on here (other than the Prime Z490-P as a budget option), since it's the only one that's actually competitive with boards from other manufacturers in its price class (around €270-300).

If we're to ignore value, the Z490-F looks like a fairly solid all-rounder. The VRM is not as strong as on the Z490-E, but it should still have no problems with a 10700K (or probably even with a 10900K with a realistic daily overclock).

The most notable thing missing on the Z490-H compared to the Z490-F looks to be the front panel Type-C connector. Then there's one M.2 slot not having a heatspreader and the missing heatpipe, but those are pretty insignificant. The VRM is the same as on the F.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

The Strix Z490-E is pretty much the only Z490 board from ASUS I recommend on here (other than the Prime Z490-P as a budget option), since it's the only one that's actually competitive with boards from other manufacturers in its price class (around €270-300).

If we're to ignore value, the Z490-F looks like a fairly solid all-rounder. The VRM is not as strong as on the Z490-E, but it should still have no problems with a 10700K (or probably even with a 10900K with a realistic daily overclock).

The most notable thing missing on the Z490-H compared to the Z490-F looks to be the front panel Type-C connector. Then there's one M.2 slot not having a heatspreader and the missing heatpipe, but those are pretty insignificant. The VRM is the same as on the F.

My case doesn't have a front panel Usb-C, and I don't think about upgrading it (love my NZXT Noctis 450).

Thank you very much for your time and help :)