What's the best SLOBS options for my system?

Hey fellas (Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I don't know where else to put this)

Since my dad pressured me quite a lot to do something productive and do something with my upgraded PC (YT, Twitch, etc etc), I decided that I'd go the streaming route and start there.

The problem is that the results of the stream are pretty bad.. you can tell what's there since the quality is 1080p but the FPS is surely below 30 with stutters... I tried tweaking the settings ever since I went live with no luck.

I'm just very confused and I'm trying to give out the best quality I could to my small viewers (my friends). They actually donated to me and I'm very grateful for it!

I know this might not be worth my time but with what I currently have, why not try and do streaming since it appears that my friends find me funny (subjective, hahaha)

Here's my current specs:

• i3-10100 (Always clocked at 4.1 GHz) (My non-stock cooler is on its way, though it's not that much better but at least it has a moderate heatsink)
  • ASRock H410-M HDV
  • GEIL POTENZA DDR4 8x2 16GB 2666 MHz memory
  • Palit GTX 1060 3GB
  • 1x SATA SSD 120GB
  • 1x SATA HDD 1TB

Here's my current SLOBS settings:

image.png.8866ecc3a24c44485ddfea80a58a4a8f.png

Please refrain from going with upgrades as I already did and my budget was very, very, very tight. I needed to get a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, Webcam, and I needed to fix my mouse since it broke.

If you're asking why I went with an i3-10100 instead of a R5 2600 or an i5-9400f, I did the math and I was out of my budget when I was upgrading so a better option wasn't available. Plus, I wouldn't be upgrading again

in the future, if I would ever do that, I'd probably get a new PC when I have a stable income. I'm a college student and the stress from my family and college is getting into me day by day.

At the very least all I can do is play games so that's why I considered streaming.

I tried downscaling the stream resolution and it kept showing that it's losing frame for at least 25% of the time. I tried downscaling the bitrate as well without any luck... I'm just really stressed right now and I need

some help from someone that's more experienced than me. Any suggestions is very much appreciated!

For streaming, you need a good network connection.

The PC is second to that.

If your upload speed is 1 Mbps or less. Forget it. 

I would suggest having at the very least, 5 to 10 Mbps in upload speed for a decent stream quality.

Have you tried reducing the output resolution of the stream to 720p ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I would suggest having at the very least, 5 to 10 Mbps in upload speed for a decent stream quality.

image.png.a038faf24ebcdfeefc3b3ff8e51adc83.png

Here's my upload... I mean, does it really affect it THAT bad? If so then I might consider changing my provider since the one I'm using is pretty expensive for what I get.

2 minutes ago, Bamzu said:

Here's my upload... I mean, does it really affect it THAT bad? If so then I might consider changing my provider since the one I'm using is pretty expensive for what I get.

Streaming is entirely depending on your Upload speed. So yes ?

image.thumb.png.5e429dbf350c403be5879f36aa28bd13.png

You should be able to lower it down to 720p in the scaled output resolution.

That said, try streaming on Youtube. For some reason, people with lower upload speed can stream without much issue on Youtube. You could probably do 1080p30 on youtube.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

So yes ?

I should be able to stream 720p30fps for now no? It's basically the same with 1080p30fps. Currently there aren't any hardware issues so far. My gameplay is smooth but the output is ass. Might go and change the provider as well then

3 minutes ago, Bamzu said:

Thats your issue, your right at the isp limit.

Id try to lower your rest to 720p and lower the bitrate to see if that makes it smoother.

1 minute ago, Bamzu said:

I should be able to stream 720p30fps for now no? It's basically the same with 1080p30fps. Currently there aren't any hardware issues so far. My gameplay is smooth but the output is ass. Might go and change the provider as well then

Yes, try it at 720p30fps, if it still lags/drop frame, try on youtube since it's more friendly to lower upload speed.

image.thumb.png.7b1a0aefae7246d185db9279938b9eff.png

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id try to lower your rest to 720p and lower the bitrate to see if that makes it smoother.

I did. I went with 720p30fps and 2000 Bitrate and the results were practically the same as 1080p30fps. I really don't know what to do now and I'm just stressed af lol, so I guess getting my ISP changed is the current way out

Just now, TetraSky said:

lower upload speed.

I livestreamed on Facebook which if I'm correct also uses YouTube's streaming servers, but I'll give it a try tomorrow. Need some rest after all this hahaha, thanks a lot!

5 minutes ago, Bamzu said:

I livestreamed on Facebook which if I'm correct also uses YouTube's streaming servers, but I'll give it a try tomorrow. Need some rest after all this hahaha, thanks a lot!

Ah, right, facebook

image.thumb.png.4561539f278fe86047039097bdb772a6.png

You may enjoy reading the article itself

https://restream.io/blog/what-is-a-good-upload-speed-for-streaming/

Maybe it will prove useful to you, to know the rest.

Edit : If you're not WIRED to your router with an Ethernet cable, consider that as well. Wifi can be unstable and introduce dropped frames and isn't ideal for streaming.

5 minutes ago, Bamzu said:

I did. I went with 720p30fps and 2000 Bitrate and the results were practically the same as 1080p30fps. I really don't know what to do now and I'm just stressed af lol, so I guess getting my ISP changed is the current way out

does it look good when reocrding with the same settings? If recording looks same as stream, look at encoding settings, if different, its network or streaming service thats your 

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

14 hours ago, Bamzu said:

What do you mean by that? Does it look bad? Also 1080p30 and 720p30 are not same. 1080p30 requires more bitrate to look good (ofc since you have more pixels to render). Hardware-wise you should be able to do higher bitrate (not amazing, but higher). So I would recommend you try recording and see where the bitrate limit is for your hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv