Any concerns for crossplay?

PurplDrank

It seems more and more games are including crossplay of PC and console in their games. I've never had to deal with crossplay before since most of the games I play are either PC exlcusive or a bit older that the devs won't waste time including cross play, like Left 4 Dead 2. For those that have tried crossplay multiplayer games do you notice any concerns regarding console players using aim assist when facing you guys? Is it a huge issue?

Only reason I ask is I was looking into some newer games like Rogue Company and or Apex Legends and both just recently implemented crossplay. 

Only game I tried that had crossplay was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)'s Warzone mode (that's a whole mouthful..)

I didn't notice the console users having an advantage compared to me (or maybe they did and I just chalked it up to me being bad at the game).

I'm all for crossplay. Makes it so "what platform do your friends use?" isn't a reason to choose one platform over another.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, PurplDrank said:

do you notice any concerns regarding console players using aim assist when facing you guys? Is it a huge issue?

As matter of fact console players complain about PC users,with a mouse and keyboard it's easier since the mouse is more precise.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

As matter of fact console players complain about PC users,with a mouse and keyboard it's easier since the mouse is more precise.

Depending on sensitivity it can be very easy to over shoot your opponent. Aim assisters don't have that issue normally. 

7 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

It seems more and more games are including crossplay of PC and console in their games. I've never had to deal with crossplay before since most of the games I play are either PC exlcusive or a bit older that the devs won't waste time including cross play, like Left 4 Dead 2. For those that have tried crossplay multiplayer games do you notice any concerns regarding console players using aim assist when facing you guys? Is it a huge issue?

Only reason I ask is I was looking into some newer games like Rogue Company and or Apex Legends and both just recently implemented crossplay. 

I've played going both ways, as console player facing mouse and keyboard users on pc, and recently on pc against aim assisted controller players on console.

Personally, my main concern as a console player wasn't the m&k but any hackers. 

On pc now it's not like I can really tell if someone has strong aim assist or is using a mouse - as both seem to laser me.

Sorry, i know I'm not much help...except to say neither aim assist or m&k have any overwhelming advantage if the player using them is clueless. 

Get a great player, with savvy, and they'll make anything work to their advantage. 

Just now, PurplDrank said:

Depending on sensitivity

Can be easily adjusted.

Just now, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I've played going both ways, as console player facing mouse and keyboard users on pc, and recently on pc against aim assisted controller players on console.

Personally, my main concern as a console player wasn't the m&k but any hackers. 

On pc now it's not like I can really tell if someone has strong aim assist or is using a mouse - as both seem to laser me.

Sorry, i know I'm not much help...except to say neither aim assist or m&k have any overwhelming advantage if the player using them is clueless. 

Get a great player, with savvy, and they'll make anything work to their advantage. 

In Apex Legends for example,they have separate lobbies for PC and consoles and if you want to play with a PC player the game will put you in the PC lobby.

That was done to minimize the disadvantage that console players have as much as possible.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Can be easily adjusted.

In Apex Legends for example,they have separate lobbies for PC and consoles and if you want to play with a PC player the game will put you in the PC lobby.

That was done to minimize the disadvantage that console players have as much as possible.

gotcha, would love to see that in Rogue Company. I may just have to give apex legends a shot. 

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Can be easily adjusted.

Warzone could do with it too.