Is this the best laptop in my budget?

My budget for a new laptop is at $400 (plz don't tell me to go higher.) I will use it for studies, programming and very light gaming. (all games at lowest settings)

My choice is the Acer aspire 3 with a Ryzen 5 quad core 2500U which can turbo clock up to 3.6 Ghz, and it's GPU is the vega 8.

Here's a link-

https://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-3-ryzen-5-quad-core-2500u-4-gb-1-tb-hdd-windows-10-home-a315-41-laptop/p/itmfhjgeqqj9phzf?pid=COMFHJGERTXXSRQJ&lid=LSTCOMFHJGERTXXSRQJ54TVRS&marketplace=FLIPKART

Is there anything better at this price?

Edit: I'm gonna upgrade the RAM to 8GB if I get it, and i will get a m.2 nvme ssd too for windows.

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, knockless said:

My budget for a new laptop is at $400 (plz don't tell me to go higher.) I will use it for studies, programming and very light gaming. (all games at lowest settings)

My choice is the Acer aspire 3 with a Ryzen 5 quad core 2500U which can turbo clock up to 3.6 Ghz, and it's GPU is the vega 8.

Here's a link-

https://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-3-ryzen-5-quad-core-2500u-4-gb-1-tb-hdd-windows-10-home-a315-41-laptop/p/itmfhjgeqqj9phzf?pid=COMFHJGERTXXSRQJ&lid=LSTCOMFHJGERTXXSRQJ54TVRS&marketplace=FLIPKART

Is there anything better at this price?

Edit: I'm gonna upgrade the RAM to 8GB if I get it, and i will get a m.2 nvme ssd too for windows.

Thanks.

Hmm... I don't what kind of pricing and availability at your country but i found these two just below your max budget: Acer A315-41/42 and the Lenovo Ideapad S145. Although both of uses the less powerful Ryzen 3 3200U

And don't know if any of these will have an empty m.2 slot

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Ohh.. Wait I just checked that Acer product page and looks like it has a free m.2 slot. Neat!!!

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

7 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hmm... I don't what kind of pricing and availability at your country but i found these two just below your max budget: Acer A315-41/42 and the Lenovo Ideapad S145. Although both of uses the less powerful Ryzen 3 3200U

And don't know if any of these will have an empty m.2 slot

The aspire 3 has a ryzen 5 2500U and it's under $400! But some reviews say that the build quality sucks and there's a lot of flex.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Ohh.. Wait I just checked that Acer product page and looks like it has a free m.2 slot. Neat!!!

Yeah. But, there's a catch, to open it up, you need to remove the warranty stickers, so the only way to get a m.2 ssd is to get an acer technician to do it for you, whereas you can access the ram without tearing the warranty seal and it's very easily accessible as it has only one screw.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, knockless said:

The aspire 3 has a ryzen 5 2500U and it's under $400! But some reviews say that the build quality sucks and there's a lot of flex.

Thanks

Yeah. But, there's a catch, to open it up, you need to remove the warranty stickers, so the only way to get a m.2 ssd is to get an acer technician to do it for you, whereas you can access the ram without tearing the warranty seal and it's very easily accessible as it has only one screw.

Thanks

Yea that's true though. I've used my friend's Acer and yes there's quite a bit of deck flex but tbh it's kinda expected for a laptop at this price point and it's quite chonky and heavy. I think the selling point that this laptop has that it has a large screen (15.6") and it has a Ryzen CPU. For it's price it's actually kinda gnarly.

And that warranty sticker thing yea kinda annoying. Acer to me anyway still pretty much stuck in 2016. Where's other company i.e Asus already went for the e warranty thing. Even my laptop (Asus X412FL) encourage me to upgraded the drive by providing the housing and no stickers on any screws