Making a tough decision

If I choose intel at this point of time will I be doomed or should I be worried???? 

Just now, Ranajay said:

will I be doomed

No.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Its not like both companies FAIL to provide performance.

If the Ryzen5000 chip does 1080p High 180fps in Tombraider with a stock 2080Ti and an Intel 10700K does 220fps same settings then I wouldn't be worrying...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

11 minutes ago, Ranajay said:

If I choose intel at this point of time will I be doomed or should I be worried???? 

Intel still ahev a group of very competent engeneers that will still make good CPUs, they just wont be as good as AMD's offering, the let me tell you a secret, the 11900k will probably still be the king of gaming and if not then the 12900K will be on Intel's 10NN so it will be better

1 minute ago, Elad.Evron said:

Intel still ahev a group of very competent engeneers that will still make good CPUs, they just wont be as good as AMD's offering, the let me tell you a secret, the 11900k will probably still be the king of gaming and if not then the 12900K will be on Intel's 10NN so it will be better

I do think they will eventually be back on top, but I am not sure if it will be even in the 11th or 12th gen chips. Right now AMD is on a much smaller process, with a lot of manufacturing improvements. They have a great architecture, which is a little limited on max clocks, but have pushed IPC to the point it has compensated for it. They aren't stuck on a monolithic beast that drastically reduces yields and increases cost. They aren't used a huge process and can more dies per wafer. I mean right now they are going to be winning in every possible way. All they have to do is keep using better manufacturing processes and making architecture changes that keep advancing their IPC improvements. You don't need 5.3ghz when you can do 4.9 with 20% more done per clock.

What intel needs is another big innovative architecture change for themselves. They need to break away from the monolithic approach which while still powerful hurts in many other ways. The ring bus isn't the king of all anymore since there are too many cores for it to handle without seeing latency reach levels of the other options. So lets say they go with a chipset approach. They will increase their yields, have much better binning capabilities, have a much more scalable solution, have the ability to add much more igpu power to the chips, etc etc etc...  The truth is they were late to the game and are going to suffer from it like AMD did with the bulldozer chips.

Yes you will be... AMD launched their 5th generation ryzen and it is the final hit on intel. Intels 11th gen will release but not soon. I would highly recommend to go with AMD's ryzen 5th generation rather than intel's 11th generation. Also AMD's 5th generation has 32mb of cache compared to intels 12MB or cache (ryzen 7 vs i7). https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-tiger-lake-release-date-specs-benchmarks-all-we-know

Sorry to tell u that it will likely be doomed by AMD's zen 3 architecture cpu now(AKA ryzen  5000 series). And unfortunately,if u buy a current gen motherboard equipped with Intel's LGA 1200 socket,you will feel pain in your ass since LGA 1700 socket will bring u DDR5 RAM support, pcie gen5 support and more importantly Intel's biggest performance leap in nearly a decade with their Alder lake architecture which is likely to change the current ryzen crisis from my perspective.

17 hours ago, Ranajay said:

Nobody is doomed. The difference is not much and the average gamer won´t even notice the fps difference. Choosing a single tier better GPU has way more impact on FPS.