Can my pc run 144Hz?

PickledCola

So I Have a half new pc and it's not the best but it works but I wanted to get a new monitor that's 144hz ofc but I don't know if my pc will be able to run it

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHZ 3.40 GHz

Installed RAM: 16 GB

Windows 10 Pro

GeForce GTX 660

I don't understand PC so much and I really want to build a new one myself but it's going to be hard so please give some tips on which parts is recommended to (Cheap) :D

It can "run it" sure but most games with good graphics won't look any better on it compared to whatever you have currently. Is the 144hz monitor the same resolution? 

Your PC will only benefit from the higher refresh rate if you can push more than 60fps in games. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

In Windows and basic web browsing, you'll probably be fine. Games are a whole different story. Depending of course on what resolution you choose (up to 1080p, I assume), you'll really only be able to play older games and/or at lower settings to take full advantage of 144fps.

At 480p maybe

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

37 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

It can "run it" sure but most games with good graphics won't look any better on it compared to whatever you have currently. Is the 144hz monitor the same resolution? 

Your PC will only benefit from the higher refresh rate if you can push more than 60fps in games. 

Yeah my pc can push more than 60fps on most games like rainbow, csgo, (Sometimes gta 5 only sometimes) minecraft ofc and some other games.

Look at this link here

https://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/datorskarmar/10501/samsung-c32jg50-32-valvd-gamingskarm?&scid=SEM6818814135&utm_source=google_search&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=google-pla&utm_content=computer&gclid=Cj0KCQjwt4X8BRCPARIsABmcnOr9XdoESBeDqEMc1-Cmnq2AxU9oIVaZx3Jrc6D9a_R376b26uN_YcsaAmuGEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

21 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

It will push 144Hz on the desktop and light programs, but in games, no.

Does it have to be 144fps+? Because I get like 180+ fps in all games I play and sometimes in rainbow i can get like 150 and 160 with some modifications (graphics ofc)

5 minutes ago, PickledCola said:

If your current display is 2k, then go for it. If it's 1080p, just know you'll get worse performance because that monitor is 2k.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Just now, DarkEnergy said:

If your current display is 2k, then go for it. If it's 1080p, just know you'll get worse performance because that monitor is 2k.

Okay thanks! Also do you have any tips on what pc specs is good but cheap? Thanks

1 minute ago, PickledCola said:

Okay thanks! Also do you have any tips on what pc specs is good but cheap? Thanks

Assuming you're talking about budget and better than your current build, wait a few months. It's tech season with the RTX 30 series recently released and 5 series Ryzen processors coming out soon. If everything continues like their predesessors, an RTX 3060 and Ryzen 5600 might be good buys but hard to say right now.

Just now, DarkEnergy said:

Assuming you're talking about budget and better than your current build, wait a few months. It's tech season with the RTX 30 series recently released and 5 series Ryzen processors coming out soon. If everything continues like their predesessors, an RTX 3060 and Ryzen 5600 might be good buys but hard to say right now.

Okay! Thanks you so much for the help actually! I'm probs gonna wait a few months to save up enough money to buy a extra powerful pc because I would love to get more fps on gta 5 I get 150+ fps If I'm lucky (Using tips from youube and stuff to get better fps :) ) Also Can I install a SSD into my pc or do I have to have and ssd outside (not installed forgot what it was called) Thanks!

1 minute ago, PickledCola said:

Okay! Thanks you so much for the help actually! I'm probs gonna wait a few months to save up enough money to buy a extra powerful pc because I would love to get more fps on gta 5 I get 150+ fps If I'm lucky (Using tips from youube and stuff to get better fps :) ) Also Can I install a SSD into my pc or do I have to have and ssd outside (not installed forgot what it was called) Thanks!

Assuming your case has a slot for it and the motherboard has a free sata header, then yeah you can install an SSD. I'd recommend waiting for when you upgrade and then get a m.2 form factor ssd instead. Then you can just scew it directly to the new motherboard.

24 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

Assuming your case has a slot for it and the motherboard has a free sata header, then yeah you can install an SSD. I'd recommend waiting for when you upgrade and then get a m.2 form factor ssd instead. Then you can just scew it directly to the new motherboard.

Okay thanks! it does to!