Does my build work????

progamer21
Just now, progamer21 said:

I might wanna get something a little bit better than that 

The thing is, paying more for a card faster than a 1660 Super or 1660 Ti is not going to actually be better if you have a 1080p monitor. That's why I asked about planning for a better one.

Probably the limit for a 1080p card is around the 2060/S / 5600XT realm, I wouldn't go further than that.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Unless you plan on ray tracing the 1660 super should be fine. The next step up would be a 2060 Super for around $350 USD 

CPU: Intel i9 9900K | Motherboard: ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM: 4x8GB 2666MHz HyperX Fury RGB | GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 2TB | SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | HDD: Seagate BerraCuda 8TB | Monitor: GIGABYTE G27QC

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

The thing is, paying more for a card faster than a 1660 Super or 1660 Ti is not going to actually be better if you have a 1080p monitor. That's why I asked about planning for a better one.

Probably the limit for a 1080p card is around the 2060/S / 5600XT realm, I wouldn't go further than that.

ok i love u

k now for the cpu which is the best for high fps u guys r the best im so happy :D

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

I would definitely suggest not buying those right now. The MSI RTX 2060 Super is $500 which is the msrp of the 3070 which will get you (if we take nvidia's word) around 2080 ti performance. The PNY one is again overpriced considering what is coming out within the next month from both nvidia and AMD.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

Just now, tishous said:

I would definitely suggest not buying those right now. The MSI RTX 2060 Super is $500 which is the msrp of the 3070 which will get you (if we take nvidia's word) around 2080 ti performance. The PNY one is again overpriced considering what is coming out within the next month from both nvidia and AMD.

ya ik now

k now for the cpu which is the best for high fps u guys r the best im so happy :D

For the CPU, look at the 10600k or just wait. Your best option here is to just wait. Prices will decrease then you can get a good computer for less money.

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

For your budget I'd be looking at either Ryzen 5 3600 + B550 motherboard or i5 10600K + Z490 motherboard. The latter is more expensive but a bit better in games. Both are great choices.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 4.32.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 4.33.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 4.33.50 PM.png

Yes, but I would reccomend an entierly different setup. Something more along the lines of this would get you better performance, with a much better psu, since the one that you selected is notoriously bad. You could do with a 650w corsair, or a 550w and maybe get an RTX 2060 Super if you go slightly overbudget.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

1 minute ago, tishous said:

For the CPU, look at the 10600k or just wait. Your best option here is to just wait. Prices will decrease then you can get a good computer for less money.

I cant rly wait bc the computer i have right now is from my parent's work and my parent moved jobs so ya I might be able to wait for a little, how long should I wait??

I cant rly wait bc the computer i have right now is from my parent's work and my parent moved jobs so ya I might be able to wait for a little, how long should I wait??

Does no one else in your family have a computer or laptop you can use for a while?

Launch date for the new generation of Ryzen CPUs is Nov 15th, and they look very promising, but there's no "budget" options being released at that date, only the Mainstream and premium SKUs. For your budget I wouldn't wait.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, tishous said:

Does no one else in your family have a computer or laptop you can use for a while?

how long do I have to wait we have a spare chromebook but thats just embarrassing lol

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Launch date for the new generation of Ryzen CPUs is Nov 15th, and they look very promising, but there's no "budget" options being released at that date, only the Mainstream and premium SKUs. For your budget I wouldn't wait.

is that going to be in the 300$ or 400$ range

is that going to be in the 300$ or 400$ range

The 6 core part's MSRP is $299. That's probably the part that's best for your uses.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Also a 1440p 144hz monitor is the same price as that 240 hz 1080p

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

Just now, Energycore said:

The 6 core part's MSRP is $299. That's probably the part that's best for your uses.

r u talking about the new cpu?

The 5600x (new cpu) is $299.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

Yes. The new Ryzen 5 5600X is going to be $299 and according to AMD's claims it will be faster than any current offering in games.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Yes. The new Ryzen 5 5600X is going to be $299 and according to AMD's claims it will be faster than any current offering in games.

ok ty ;)

k i should just wait for the new one but wont it get sold out really fast like the rtx geforce 3080 ya know how these nerds bought all of them for a profit

k i should just wait for the new one but wont it get sold out really fast like the rtx geforce 3080 ya know how these nerds bought all of them for a profit

We don't know. Possibly, although I expect AMD to have a lot more stock than NVidia did the 3080.