Tried to upgrade to i9700k from an i8700k got defective chip unable to launch

Paraselatars

Recently bought an i9700k went to install found out I got a defective chip put in my 8700k now I’m unable to launch to OS 

Spec 

gtx 1080ti

i8700k

32gb ram 

1000w psu 

Rog strix z370-e 

3 2tb hdd 

250gb ssd

looking for a way to fix please and thank you

It did post the socket didn’t seems to have any damages I’ve updated the bios to the latest version and the error codes I got were whea uncorrectable error and stop code machine check error 

50 minutes ago, Paraselatars said:

Recently bought an i9700k went to install found out I got a defective chip put in my 8700k now I’m unable to launch to OS 

The 9700K is not an upgrade at all over the 8700K, if you can still return it I suggest you do that and keep the 8700K, and as for your BSODs try reseating your CPU and check if any of the pins are bent at all, usually that error correlates to having unstable RAM

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I don’t know I will be able to return it but I will try to reset my cpu and check for bent pins 

17 minutes ago, Paraselatars said:

It did post the socket didn’t seems to have any damages I’ve updated the bios to the latest version and the error codes I got were whea uncorrectable error and stop code machine check error 

Id check with a linux live disk to see if its a hardware or software issue. Rule out software issues first. Also run a memory test.

Or try a fresh install of windows.

Currently reinstalling windows didn’t see any bent pins but I did find some thermal paste on the cpu so hopefully that was it but to be sure 

Tried installing windows but it freezes and won’t go past 0%

20 hours ago, .Apex. said:

The 9700K is not an upgrade at all over the 8700K, if you can still return it I suggest you do that and keep the 8700K, and as for your BSODs try reseating your CPU and check if any of the pins are bent at all, usually that error correlates to having unstable RAM

Would you mind explaining why that isn't an upgrade?

10 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Would you mind explaining why that isn't an upgrade?

The hyperthreading in the 8700K matches the performance of the non-hyperthreaded 9700K (6 Core 12 Thread vs. 8 Core 8 Thread), there are advantages and disadvantages to each one of them but overall they are equal

4 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

The hyperthreading in the 8700K matches the performance of the non-hyperthreaded 9700K (6 Core 12 Thread vs. 8 Core 8 Thread), there are advantages and disadvantages to each one of them but overall they are equal

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i7_9700k-888-vs-intel_core_i7_8700k-763

You can see how they perform in the benchmarks listed here, the 8700K has slightly lower clocks but you can enable MCE to push it to 4.7Ghz across all cores.

3 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i7_9700k-888-vs-intel_core_i7_8700k-763

You can see how they perform in the benchmarks listed here, the 8700K has slightly lower clocks but you can enable MCE to push it to 4.7Ghz across all cores.

thats pretty confusing for casual buyers, without knowledge logic would suggest that a 9700k is just straight up better than a 8700k because of the naming scheme. They really need to make it more obvious!