First job

AzzaNezz

So hi all.
Last week i started learning C language over Udemy.
The company that i work(i work in non related section with IT) for has an IT section and they are looking developer who knows C# and AOP / MVVM / DDD or Unity.

There is probability that they would pay me a course in C# which is 6 months long.

Since i am learning  C atm(i havent gone  far with that) is it worth finishing at least the  C course which i have like 20hours left or start learning c# or my own already?

And one more thing how long would this requirements that i listed need to learn for begginer?

And does anybody did c# course on udemy or there are better sites?

Thank you all for help in advance

C and C# are not very alike at all. C# is like Java, so you could learn that.

If your company will pay for a C# Course, then maybe it's a good idea to spend time getting other good skills. What kind of job would you use C# in?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

As @Energycore said, take advantage of the free course from your company... it's there so people can teach you, not so you can teach yourself in your free time.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Here is the job description:

New software development and further development of existing applications, e.g. in sales, administration, logistics, production | Demanding cross-location programming tasks with C # | Participation in team projects as well as processing of own development projects

i would like to get headstart on C# thats why i was thinking start something online for now.

6 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

New software development and further development of existing applications, e.g. in sales, administration, logistics, production | Demanding cross-location programming tasks with C # | Participation in team projects as well as processing of own development projects

i would like to get headstart on C# thats why i was thinking start something online for now.

Oof, job description is super vague.

Well, if you're excited about C# then you can start. It does mean you'll waste some of the paid course, so that's why we were suggesting learning something else that's relevant first.

If your company does web services, some HTML/CSS can help you be more versatile. If it's just an app that's in C#, then start on C# since there's not much else to learn. Try to learn stuff like how to manage projects in GitHub, with git / bash. This helps a lot for personal projects and many companies use GitHub anyway. I would say using git is an essential part of every modern developer's repertoire.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Oof, job description is super vague.

Well, if you're excited about C# then you can start. It does mean you'll waste some of the paid course, so that's why we were suggesting learning something else that's relevant first.

If your company does web services, some HTML/CSS can help you be more versatile. If it's just an app that's in C#, then start on C# since there's not much else to learn. Try to learn stuff like how to manage projects in GitHub, with git / bash. This helps a lot for personal projects and many companies use GitHub anyway. I would say using git is an essential part of every modern developer's repertoire.

Well honestly,i would learn it cause its my chance at getting degree for free(5k this cost),i would get a job for sure.After couple of years off experince if i dont like it i could always change to another field.

26 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

Well honestly,i would learn it cause its my chance at getting degree for free(5k this cost),i would get a job for sure.After couple of years off experince if i dont like it i could always change to another field.

Yeah, I agree with the gist of your sentiment. The most important thing is learn learn learn. Don't stop learning new things because every new skill has the potential of becoming a larger paycheck.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

19 hours ago, AzzaNezz said:

Don´t get too intimidated by job descriptions because it is written by a clueless human resources person. Whenever they hear "an applicant should know language X" they translate it to "an applicant must know language X" and so on. You often need only a part of it for your actual work, the rest is background knowledge that would be nice to have. You need only a part of it for your actual work, the rest is backround knowledge that would be nice to have but nothing more.

14 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Don´t get too intimidated by job descriptions because it is written by a clueless human resources person. Whenever they hear "an applicant should know language X" they translate it to "an applicant must know language X" and so on. You often need only a part of it for your actual work, the rest is background knowledge that would be nice to have. You need only a part of it for your actual work, the rest is backround knowledge that would be nice to have but nothing more.

I am not intimidated by job,its just i live in Austria and my german isnt that good.So i would like to start learning by myself so i have easier time at the paid course.I picked up german aswell.And btw since i see you are and germany,and even thought we live in different countrys,aand if you are a developer aswell,can i ask how much are you paid per month,in netto?

55 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

.And btw since i see you are and germany,and even thought we live in different countrys,aand if you are a developer aswell,can i ask how much are you paid per month,in netto?

I am only a computer science student so I have no first-hand experience. I can only give you my thoughts and expectations. I would be happy to make 2100 - 2300 € net after my Bachelor but I am not a top student and I have no experience. I based this on a small to medium sized company in southern Germany.

Keep in mind that salaries vary highly beetwen states, especially between east and west. The southern states Bayern and Baden Würtemberg generally speaking have the highest salaries. I would avoid big cities like Berlin, Frankfurt and München because the competition is high and also the cost of living.

55 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

So i would like to start learning by myself so i have easier time at the paid course.I picked up german aswell

The problem with Germany is that you need a degree for everything. You will surely find a job if you can show your skills but it will be harder than with an offical degree especially when the company is bigger.

can i ask how much are you paid per month,in netto?

Do you know how much developers in Austria earn?

I want to leave Germany and I am considering Austria as a first step.

10 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I am only a computer science student so I have no first-hand experience. I can only give you my thoughts and expectations. I would be happy to make 2100 - 2300 € net after my Bachelor but I am not a top student and I have no experience. I based this on a small to medium sized company in southern Germany.

Keep in mind that salaries vary highly beetwen states, especially between east and west. The southern states Bayern and Baden Würtemberg generally speaking have the highest salaries. I would avoid big cities like Berlin, Frankfurt and München because the competition is high and also the cost of living.

The problem with Germany is that you need a degree for everything. You will surely find a job if you can show your skills but it will be harder than with an offical degree especially when the company is bigger.

Do you know how much developers in Austria earn?

I want to leave Germany and I am considering Austria as a first step.

Well Austria is the same,everybody wants a degree aswell.Some smaller like web design companies are more open and only want experience or knowledge.

Thats what i was thinking about paycheck,most of the time i saw paychecks between 2000-2300+ but we have 13 und 14 lohngehalt which i belive its not that common in Germany.

7 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

but we have 13 und 14 lohngehalt which i belive its not that common in Germany.

Yes it is indeed uncommon if you work in the private sector. You might receive a 13th salary but a 14th certainly not. A 13th salary however is common if you work in the public sector or for the government.

4 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Yes it is indeed uncommon if you work in the private sector. You might receive a 13th salary but a 14th certainly not. A 13th salary however is common if you work in the public sector or for the government.

13 and 14 sallary you get in Austria no matter of sector.Normally in june and december/january you get double the paycheck which is nice.

And also depends where you live,Tirol is more expensive then other places in Austria