Best Be quiet! air cooler for Ryzen 3900x...

eramin

I'm not an expert at pc building but I decided to build my second rig a few weeks ago. I wasn't very confident when it came to mounting the stock cooler to the CPU and thought I was about to break my cpu/motherboard with all that pressure pushing down on it... Needless to say I pretty much smeared the thermal paste all over the cpu while trying to figure out how to mount it properly, but after fixing it place correctly securing the cooler it's still waaaay too hot for idle and loud for my preference... In the beginning the cooler was ramping up and down constantly... Tried setting some fan curves but the temps are sill way too high around 55-65C idle

I'm thinking of buying the Dark Rock Pro 4 but not sure about it supports my motherboard as it doesn't appear on the official Be quiet! website :/ also not sure about if it can actually fit in my case and whether there is enough space for it next to my ram... any helpful tips are appreciated :)

Motherboard - MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS

Case - Silent Base 801

RAM - HX436C17PB3K2/32

how much ram do you have? if you have 2 sticks, it will fit easily. if you have 4 sticks, it might be more problematic and might have to look at how tall the sticks are and whether they fit under the cooler.

7 minutes ago, eramin said:

I'm thinking of buying the Dark Rock Pro 4 but not sure about it supports my motherboard as it doesn't appear on the official Be quiet! website :/ also not sure about if it can actually fit in my case and whether there is enough space for it next to my ram... any helpful tips are appreciated :)

Motherboard - MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS

Case - Silent Base 801

RAM - HX436C17PB3K2/32

Your cooler is 163mm tall, and your case supports coolers up to 185mm. You can easily fit it, even if you have to move the fan up a bit to clear the heat spreaders on your RAM. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

check ram clearence on it's website,if it will fit then you are good to go,since case is not issue like mod mentioned.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:50 AM, yaboistar said:

all i will say about the DRP4 is that it can be a BITCH to install

but it's a very good cooler

I've got one. You have to take the MB out just to mount the DRP4.

Two major issues I've had.

• Such a tight clearance that connecting power can be a PITA
  • Depending on how narrow the case is, you might not be able to install the side cover 😂

Are you using default motherboard settings? If fan speed is ramping too much, try increasing the fan speed delay.

Are you sure that the cpu is idling properly?

Make sure that the bios is updated and Ryzen chipset drivers are installed. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How tall is your RAM?  Here's the dimensions of the cooler it looks like it would have good ram compatibility in your case, you could easily raise the front fan if you had trouble.

master.png